ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 172 starting problem

clio 172 sport
Occasionally my ph2 172 struggles to start when the key is turned in the ignition!
When I turn the key in the ignition it is ticking over but is sometimes struggling to fire up unless I repeat this a few times and dip the accelerator and give it a rev.
Has any one else experienced this problem or have any idea what it could be!

cheers in advance!

Clio 200 full fat
Sometimes mine ticks over and just before it fires up it cuts out does your do that hope you get it sorted mate

clio 172 sport
Hi Terry, yeah that seems to happen to mine it will fire up but then cut out suddenly for a couple of times then I have to give it a bit of a rev to get it going!

Hi Dan, Is replacing the crank sensor a big and expensive job? and what does the crank sensor actually do?

Cheers for the feed back guys ;)

clio 172 sport
Hi Dan, Is replacing the crank sensor a big and expensive job? and what does the crank sensor actually do?

cheers Ben.

Clio 200 full fat

cheers Ben.
i took mine out before christmas as it was really filthy not a hard job just didnt expect mine to need doing again i think ill just buy a new one now i dont think they are expensive

clio 172 sport
Hi Guys I'm still having the occasional problem with my ph2 172 firing up first time! Can anyone tell me where I should be looking for the tdc sensor? ( pic's would be great )

Cheers Ben.

2003 Clio 172 Sport
I've had the same issue recently, it was the MAP sensor, remove your engine cover and look on the left hand side of the inlet manifold, there's a sensor you can unplug. Mine was loose where the rubber bung had been taken off by previous owner. Simply plug a new one in and you're away. Is your check engine light on?

clio 172 sport
Hi JW-172 no my check engine light isn't on was yours before you replaced the MAP sensor ?

Cheers Ben.