ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 Trophy seats

E90 M3
Evening peoples, Ive recently purchsed a PH2 with trophy seats in. They dont offer me enough support so im looking for advice on 2 things. 1 what would they be worth they are a healthy 9/10 in condition. 2 what is the suggestion to replace them with? The car is predomently a B road blaster with the odd track day.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
They’re pretty much perfect for what you need. Very middle of the road seat unless you want something more hardcore

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I can't advise on what to replace with, but I will agree that they are crap support wise, especially on track

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I find them fine, much better than standard seats and lots of lumbar support which is great for me, that's including on track

don't get me wrong they're no bucket seat but for day to day use and occasional trackday I realty rate them, maybe they just suit my body type (beanpole)

E90 M3
i came out of a 172 with oreca cup seats in so for me the trophy's literally offer no support! I'll bear with them and see how it runs.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Yeah my track car has oreca wrap arounds in it, very 'hold you on placey' but wouldn't want to use them every day and the recaro hold me better than standard so for me, decent enough compromise and straight bolt in so retain all the practicality of the car

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
What number Trophy were they out of? If it’s still a going concern the current owner may want to reunite them, which may help you price them - you could literally ask for anything ;)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
A 9/10 pair of trophy recaro's could fetch £700/800 though. People pay that fir mint megane ones and then need frames to fit them!
Op may be best selling them and then buying something more suitable to his needs.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
A 9/10 pair of trophy recaro's could fetch £700/800 though. People pay that fir mint megane ones and then need frames to fit them!
Op may be best selling them and then buying something more suitable to his needs.

I think the arse has fell out of the Recaro Trendline. My mate recently had a set that were absoultely immaculate for sale for £650, took 3 months to sell and i think he took around £500. Nearly bought them to replace the weathered ones in the Kangoo, but seemed like a waste:LOL:

I think they are a great seat for fast road/occasional track, especially the half leather/alcantara. Full leather are a bit slippy. Try a CG lock on your seatbelt for more support if needs be, and set the seat up no low rider laid back

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Agreed, need to keep them upright to get the support, if you set them to 19 year old drug dealer setting then they're not going to work