ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 Valver Wheels Refurb - Progress Pics

Beetle
My original wheels have been lying around since december so i thought i'd set about refurbing them, not got very far yet but i've decided to polish the lips on them. Pics so far
As they began
dirty1.jpg

dirty2.jpg

One lip polished
polirim1.jpg

Two lips polished
2done.jpg

Two done, two to go
42done.jpg

At another angle
angleshiny.jpg

Really pleased with how they've worked out so far :D Plan is to keep them the orignal colours with slightly darker centre caps:)

Beetle
RSi Dave said:
better than your willy
not what you said last night:dapprove:

Patty, electric sander thing haha, saves my fingers getting fooked:eek: then wet and dry by hand, then autosol metal polish

b3nje - wayyy to much work for me lol

Tom, i might do depending on finished result ;)

172 M69 eater
i seem to remember someone telling me you need to wax the polished bits often to stop rusting... dunno if its true!

Beetle
not sure, didn't think alloys could rust? they'd proably need autosol most weeks to keep them shiny, unless they can be laquered?

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
yesh..wouldnt think they'd rust..usually laquered i though to stop the rusting but i'm probaby wrong

clio 16v
you can laquer them but if it comes off and water gets underneath they carode not rust which happend to my new alloys!! was gonna get my new ones refurbed but they look v nice!! got me thinking now!!

A silver Honda
Looking sweet mate.

I just started rubbing down on my turbines today.

I wish i had a electric sander lol

A number of clios
looking good mate :cool:
ive got my mate's wheels to do but i rate cant be arsed lol

could you pm me a pic of the sander ur using please if u dont mind cos mines rubbish lol and abit big need to buy a new one

Beetle
pic of it here mate, it's an orbital sander, bit big but at least you don't have to change the sand paper so often :D
sander.jpg

A number of clios
cheers mate mines the same size as that one lol but mines shagged ive got the perfect thing for the end of the drill but it takes it to deep and if you slip makes it look worse than been curbed

Beetle
yeah thats part of the reason i've been using this sander instead, don't want to make them worse