ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 172 on cover of Fastcar Magazine

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Must admit id never normally buy Fast Car mag as i associate it with chavy mods etc but the idea of a fantastic clio, lots of Japanese goodness and a free beanie means ill be picking this one up! Congrats on the cover btw!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Must admit id never normally buy Fast Car mag as i associate it with chavy mods etc but the idea of a fantastic clio, lots of Japanese goodness and a free beanie means ill be picking this one up! Congrats on the cover btw!

you can't of read it in a fair old while then...lol, alot has changed.

I'm not entirely sure TBH, imagine so!

Flol, deal!

speak to you tomorrow about it, work email? pm me if you like

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Must admit its been a while lol. Is it worth getting these days then? Ive found myself addicted to loads of car mags lately!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Must admit its been a while lol. Is it worth getting these days then? Ive found myself addicted to loads of car mags lately!

probably wrong person to ask, i am very biased...my perception as i joined the mag was "am i doing the right thing joining this mag, it is a little chavy"

i was very wrong and un-educated, it had changed alot since i read it last, and it has moved on alot since i have been there the past 18 months

i did make a comment in another thread i think, ive lost it though so i may have just thought about what i was going to write and not actually written it.....:S

either way, i was suprised actually. not bought the mag since i was about 18/19 (25 now) and its not as "chavvy" for want of a better word as it used to be, seems to be bit less bodykits "ftmfw" than it was.

article and pictures of yours was the sole reason i bought it to be honest, and im glad i did, was a good read and good to see some decent pictures of yours.

nice one

The hat is amazing! It's now standard TDF workshop wear until summer arrives :)

Great feature, great car, great mag!!

Evo 8 MR
Only flicked through it atm but your feature looks quite good, cover looks a little plain after you remove it out of the bag, the civic and the evo features look interesting, the pics of the girls aren't as good as usual though. :(

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i was suprised actually. not bought the mag since i was about 18/19 (25 now) and its not as "chavvy" for want of a better word as it used to be, seems to be bit less bodykits "ftmfw" than it was.
article and pictures of yours was the sole reason i bought it to be honest, and im glad i did, was a good read and good to see some decent pictures of yours.

dlad you like how the mag has gone, its been like that for a fair old while, you can tell people to your long in the teeth that its changed but you get the die hards who still believe it has the old persona....one day it will shake that i hope....

Looking forward to reading this! (I was the boy speaking to midge about the civic btw!)

where was this mate?

Only flicked through it atm but your feature looks quite good, cover looks a little plain after you remove it out of the bag, the civic and the evo features look interesting, the pics of the girls aren't as good as usual though. :(

cheers for the kind words...
i can easily say a bag and cover design is one of the hardest things i have had to do, you don't just chuck it together...it all has to work, so this issue the cover had to work with the bag, hat and cover....you have to have specific areas to sell the magazine and its contents and preferably you want to see most of the car...

...the cover was not something that just happens. its each to there own though, i thought the cover with the quote is really different and personally i love it (i am extremely biased though)

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Well i've picked it up and it definately has changed since i last read it! Not bad at all i must say. The only reason i really bought it was for your clio feature and the beanie :p not a fan of all the feature cars but you cant satisfy everyone.
Must admit i've always rather fancied a career in motoring journalism/working for a mag, what kind of qualifications would you need for it and how do you get into it if you dont mind me asking? Its one of my dream jobs lol.

Homo spec mazda
Bought this especially for your car but i normally buy anyway, Its a good magazine thats taken a good direction unlike other mags.

that red type r is gorgeous aswell.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Well i've picked it up and it definately has changed since i last read it! Not bad at all i must say. The only reason i really bought it was for your clio feature and the beanie :p not a fan of all the feature cars but you cant satisfy everyone.
Must admit i've always rather fancied a career in motoring journalism/working for a mag, what kind of qualifications would you need for it and how do you get into it if you dont mind me asking? Its one of my dream jobs lol.

thank you for the kind words, nice of you to give the mag a chance again. Nah we have a meeting at the start of every issue and talk about the feature cars that could go in and i am not always happy about all the cars, but as you say we have a wide range of reader base so can't please everyone....its quite a big culture, we try and cover it all...

don't mind you asking at all mate, i am on the art side, i have a degree in graphic design and got into Future Publishing through an art department, i then moved to fastcar about 18 months ago when a position came open...right place right time.

with regards to writing i can't say 100% but again right place right time, the ability to be able to write in various styles would help and a great knowledge of cars also...

Bought this especially for your car but i normally buy anyway, Its a good magazine thats taken a good direction unlike other mags.
that red type r is gorgeous aswell.

again, kind words, thankyou

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
any feedback from people who have purchased the mag would be great....

...not necessarily on the clio, more the mag itself...

I tested the beanie. It passed the cow shite and urine test during Fridays morning milking maaaate.

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Thanks a lot mate you've been a lot of help! I may just contact future publishing and see if they can offer some work experience or something lol. Thanks again mate, and good luck in the future with the mag! Ill keep an eye on it for updates with the 172! ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks a lot mate you've been a lot of help! I may just contact future publishing and see if they can offer some work experience or something lol. Thanks again mate, and good luck in the future with the mag! Ill keep an eye on it for updates with the 172! ;)

no worries...i would suggest going to WHSmiths and picking up several different titles, all produced by various Publishers...keep you options open

Coupe/Defender V8
Had a good read of this during the week. Nice article and very tasteful mods - top marks to you (and folk involved)

Love the car