ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 Clio V6 (2003) dashboard what other Clio's is it compatible with for a swap?

Hi there, I am looking at buying a Phase 1 2003 Clio V6 (LHD as I live overseas).

Due to the climate over here, the dashboard has gone sticky/ tacky in the extreme heat so needs replacing. It also has some small holes cut into it.... I wondered if other Clio’s could be used for a straight dashboard swap? There are plenty of standard Clio's in the scrap yard including 192’s etc. Does it matter what age etc? The French cars from memory use fairly generic fixings/sizes. someone mentioned that a 172 would work, were there not 2 mks of this? Would appreciate some idiot proof instructions on what one would work, model, year etc.

Is it a large complicated job, or fairly straight forward if at all possible?

Same goes for the seats too, as they are a little shabby. Were the V6's different to the 172/192's etc?

Any knowledge/ pointers would be greatly appreciated.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Re: Phase 1 Clio V6 (2003) dashboard what other Clio's is it compatible with for a sw

Ph1 172 for the dash, seats, door cards and trim etc. They are the same. 1999-2001

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Re: Phase 1 Clio V6 (2003) dashboard what other Clio's is it compatible with for a sw

A lot of people change the ph1 dash for a ph2 182 dash
its a complicated job & takes a few hours

in term of seats again the 182 seats with the grey embossed renaultsport logos ( instead of your blue ones ) do swop although the seat colours versus the whole interior is slightly different- expect to pay £100-130 for a decent set + shipping-
if you want to spend a bit more money look out on here in the classifieds for recaro trendline seats out of a trophy usually around £750 make sure they come with the correct seat runners that are compatable with a 182.

to fit the seats you will need a ramp & have to remove the undertray
the inner x2 drivers seat bolts are fidly

s

Lionel Richie

phs1 V6 seats are different to the 172 though, i'm surprised you^ didn't know that!! they have phs2 style latches to tilt them forwards instead of the ph1 172 with the latch on the bottom/side

Great. Thanks.

Is it a simple job, or time consuming and fiddly?

Is it not possible to use the 182 interior?

Mx5

Great. Thanks.

Is it a simple job, or time consuming and fiddly?

Is it not possible to use the 182 interior?

It is they fit but the leather is black as opposed to blue and the renaultsport logo is just white as opposed to coloured

clio 1.2

Hi, i was just wondering if you could change the front dash and original cd player from a 51 plate 1.6 clio sport into a 52 plate 1.2 clio authentique??? thanks for any replies