ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 Flamer-how rare and should i save or scrap???

LY Megane R26 230
Hi guys ive recently picked up a phase 1 flame red 172 locally for not alot of cash.The car has a small bit of damage to the bonnet and front bumper.
It also has some god awful tints and aftermarket alloys but besides these negatives its a really clean car and runs superb!its hadf alot spent on it and even has 12 months mot.

I believe that on a phase 1 car the colour is quite rare but im unsure who many were made and who many survive to the day.I know I can easily make more than I paid for it by breaking it but if it is a rare colour/car im wondering if its worth me putting some money into the car and restoring it to a tidy condition.?
I dont mind spending on it but dont want to be out of pocket and if anything i want to make a little bit of beer money just like if i do decide to break it.

What do you think guys?scrap it or save it? :S

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
No matter what colour it is, it's a 10 year old Clio. It will never be worth alot but if you think you can make abit of money and you think it is worth the time and effort then go for it!

RB 182
Sounds to me like you'd be polishing a turd

Rare colour or not you'll probably struggle to make money from it especially as its a buyers market at the moment.

Although its difficult to say without knowing what needs doing and how much you paid for it.

Fair play if your doing it for a keeper but it might not be worth while if you're just doing it to make money from it.

I do really like the Red PH1's though.

LY Megane R26 230
No matter what colour it is, it's a 10 year old Clio. It will never be worth alot but if you think you can make abit of money and you think it is worth the time and effort then go for it!

This is the problem see.I could easily make £300 plus by brealking it for spares.As with repairing it it needs a bit of paintwork which is never cheap which is what is putting me off fixing it up TBH plus the cost of finding some nice Oz F1's too.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'd break it for spares. To get it into a sellable condition you'd probably not make alot of money on it, factor in the time spent sourcing parts etc etc, would it really be worth it?

Petrol Blue 182.
put some standerd aloys on, get rid of the tints and run it into the ground, theres no point in making it tidy to make a profit.

Megane 225 F1
You will go on my hide list if you scrap that.

I'll even give you £200 for it if you scrap it.

LY Megane R26 230
For making £300? I'd rather bite off my own tongue than go through the hassle of braking it for so little gain.

Well its either 300 quid as parts or 300 if i manage to sort it out cheaply so either way im gonna be making the same

You will go on my hide list if you scrap that.

I'll even give you £200 for it if you scrap it.

Give me £200 plus what i paid for it and its yours ;) plus it means in not put on the naughty step then.

LY Megane R26 230
How much you want for it? Seriously!

Dont scrap it, make a nice project to someone im sure :)

well i want to make 300 quid on it as its worth worth what i paid for it plus that in easy to sell bits.

if i can find the parts cheap loclly im gonna save it.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
i was going to buy that and iff you paided less then xxx which what i got told it was it wouldnt take a lot more to get it right

Last edited by a moderator:

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Dont be a kn0b and scrap it, put it in the forsale section if you cant be arsed, regardless of turdy tints and ghetto rims. I might even buy it if you did ;)

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
he hasn't mentioned scrapping it.

he wants to make money off it.

i'd break it and make some beer money :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Breaking a car on here is the biggest waste of time ever... Iv still got parts from breaking a car back in april/may in the shed that people said they wanted then backed out.. I ended up binning alot of stuff...

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
i had my PH1 up for sale for £2,300. had no intrest. broke it for parts. currently made £3,000 and a few more bits to sell. deffinatley worth breaking a car.

i was even thinking of buyinh another one just to break for parts. everything goes quickly using this site and ebay

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Pm me with how much you want for it. I can collect monday/tuesday.

LY Megane R26 230
take the tints off and fit some f1's... thatll up the value straight away :) pics of the front end?

I'd love to get some F1's but the price they go for are crazy!hopefully get some pics and start a project thread this weekend as i feel shes worthy (just) to be saved

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
i sold my 0z f1's for £140, can pick them up this cheap if you look around