ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 flamer tidy up

LY Megane R26 230
As previously discussed on here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-1-Flamer-how-rare-and-should-i-save-or-scrap ive manged to pick up a phase 1 flamer 172 for a few hundred quid.

I was in 2 minds to either break it for spares or fix it up and have decided to go for the latter.its a tidy car and as its only one of 60 made seems a waste to rip it apart for the sake of a few quid.the car was cheap as it has not tax and has had a light bump at the front.

As you can see shes had some mods like then phase 2 rubstripes and interior bits sprayed flame red plus the awful "limo" tints and not very nice aftermarket alloys.my plans are to simply remove tints and find some F1's for her extenally and to tidy up inside.

So heres pics of how she stood when i collected it monday night

DSC00070-2.gif

DSC00071-2.gif

Heres the damage to the front end

DSC00073-2.gif

DSC00074-1.gif

First port of call was removing those awful window tints.TBh this was a doddle as they simply peeled off even without the use of a heat gun/hairdryer and took all of 5 mins to remove

Before
DSC00075-3.gif

After
DSC00078.jpg

DSC00079-2.gif

DSC00080-1.gif

Heres how shes looking now so alot better but just need to get rid of the aftermarket alloys now and tidy up inside

DSC00081-2.gif

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I was watching this on ebay, been up for weeks and I was thinking just like you it would be a shame to break a rare ph1 flamer.

Will look good on some standard f1's and maybe a slight drop on some sportlines

LY Megane R26 230
Wiah I had found this. fav colour on a ph1 :dapprove:

I'm not keeping it long term so cross my hands with the right amount of shiny coins and it could be yours ;)

Does this mean ull be collecting sh1t clios now, instead of ropey 306s ;)

Good job on saving it though, keeps the parts prices a wee bit higher lol

Haha,no.This is just for a bit of fun and to learn a bit of bodywork so wont be a long termer on the driveway plus ive got the Cup to sort out still :clown:

LY Megane R26 230
Well i've toyed with the idea of selling it as an unfinished project,then contempled stripping it for spares.also thought of turning it into a track car but ive decided to do it justice and get it sored! :)

I've managed to get a front bumper locally for the princly sum of 40 quid which will be heading to the paint shop shortly once ive located a bonnet to go with it.Also sourced some clear repeaters and fitted them as i cant stand the orange standard items.

Also breaking a cup so a few tasty bits (spoiler,182 whels) may find there way on to it ;)

120d M Sport
I recognise this car, used to see it going about Aberystwyth,think a student used to own it cos I saw it at the Uni a few times.