ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 s***box project.

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Right...... been meaning to do this for ages now so here goes.

I Purchased my Phase 1 172 an July last year, I paid a hansom sum of £695 pounds for it. It was and in most ways is still a complete shitter :D

Bought it as a non runner, Got an 182 engine off a member on here, with decent mileage. Removed the lexus lights, angel eyes and 15 dynamique wheels off of it.

Anyway, cam belted the engine and put a new clutch in it. Then put the lump in with my engine crane.

0031280x960-1.jpg

The next day, fluided and fired her up :D

0031280x960-2.jpg

Anyway it runs great, i put one of my engine dampers on it, so gear changes are as crisp as you like with no movement, let alone knocking.

Stripped it out + put a bucket seat in it (still plenty of crap to come out though) (includes photo stitch fail)

STRIPPED.jpg

been running her around a good few months now, had an epic trip to snowdonia a couple of weeks back that was veritably lulzy.... heres a few pics

3431024x662.jpg

3361024x683.jpg

2921024x683.jpg

294.jpg

Where i well and truely gave it hell.

My main plan for the car is to use it as a rally car, so slowly over the next year or so i'll be doing more and more to it, possibly but not sure yet putting a maxi kit on it so i have a much wider track.

I had a bit of an accident in it on wednesday which involved traveling nearly 30M off the ground with a max hight of about 5 foot :p which resulted in epic sump fail :p

3001024x768.jpg

Anyway swapped it over:

002-1.jpg

And then got pissed off today so started constructing "The sumpguard of the gods" its a bit heavy, but it will take a pounding :D

0051024x768-4.jpg

0031024x768-4.jpg

0061024x768-2.jpg

Plenty more stuff to come on it, replace rear beam bushes with bearings, Power flex bushes on the front, decat + get rid of the gash back box, although it is part of a stainless cat back. Will post more as i do stuff, its a bit slow atm as i'm out of work lol

Qashcow
that sumpguard is epic in every way possible, good little story to go with this car, love it already!!

172 5HED
Love it, just got a ph1 heap to play track with!!

Whats the crack with the engine dampers?

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Love it, just got a ph1 heap to play track with!!

Whats the crack with the engine dampers?

0051024x753800x588.jpg

Significantly reduces movement in the engine, i was manufacturing kits. But didn't sell that well, so stopped making them a while back. Does a grand job too :D

Also made a new subframe for the bucket seat today :cool:

172 5HED
0051024x753800x588.jpg

Significantly reduces movement in the engine, i was manufacturing kits. But didn't sell that well, so stopped making them a while back. Does a grand job too :D

Also made a new subframe for the bucket seat today :cool:

Sweet, any left? Cost?:cool::cool:

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Kits were £60, but as said.... not making anymore. + i have no dampers left and they were imported from USA

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
009.jpg

Having a bit of a tidy up inside, shifted 8.2kg so far of tar, wire, clips, bolts, belts + stuff :p

more to go yet ;)

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Got the Sump guard on a few weeks back now.

Mega sparking monster lol

007-3.jpg

I has undergone some testing, but got a bit more tonight.

EXP_20100531_335.jpg

EXP_20100531_341.jpg

EXP_20100531_339.jpg

EXP_20100531_337.jpg

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QEXZ-Ez5T0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QEXZ-Ez5T0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Also dash + steering wheel airbags, stereo + speakers now removed.

Last edited:

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Tempted to Drop the engine + start prepping for paint soon...... I want an R5 GTT phase 1 for a full restore project after this clio's done.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Brilliant, love this car so far it looks like a right laugh haha

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Yes. Makes mince meat out of a house brick at 50mph :D just smashed it to pieces.

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Tarted the engine up a bit and fitted a standard airbox. Waiting on ITG filter delivery :(

engine.jpg

+ painted strips black as standard + doing door handles tomorrow :)

clio3.jpg

clio2.jpg

clio1.jpg

021Stitch.jpg

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
You good sir, are a hero. Love the fact that you have built a sump gaurd solely because there is a very good chance you will be getting significant 'air' quite often.

The ultimate anti-detailer. Love it.

Oh and i need one of those engine dampers....seriously!

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Worse bit is Longnor to the winking man road. we had my mates brand new Passat 2ft off the deck the other day lol