ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone in washing machine

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
My gf's phone is currently in the washing machine ; (

Best way of drying out is sit it in a box of rice in the airing cupboard??

Any other suggestions or is that the best way forward?!

dan's cast offs.
rice does not work, it's a myth, you might as well put it under your pillow and wait to the tooth fairy to come and dry it out for you!!!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Sorry but lol at phone in the washing machine. I can just imagine you or anyone just sitiing there watching it go round and round and being pissed that you cant do anyhting about it. Hope you sort it though :)

Clio 182
The impatient option is to put it in the oven for a few hours at 70C. Although this can horribly backfire if someone decides to use the oven to cook their dinner

Rice does f**king work cause it's happened to me

It would have worked without the rice. Things dry out. Water evaporates. With or without rice.

OP, as already said, rinse thoroughly and leave somewhere warm and dry for at least a few days. Don't waste your rice. You may find that the detergent will cause serious problems on the PCB, so don't skimp on the rinsing stage. Flush that bad boy through with lots of water. Preferably deionised, as previously mentioned.

Oh and who the f**k manages to not notice they're putting a phone in the washing machine? A pound coin perhaps, but a PHONE? :headno:

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
f**k off with the oven or microwave? ?! Still drying out. Will turn attempt to turn it on tomorrow and see.
Munson - s**t happens. We all make mistakes, such as this or worse, and we get on with it.

Leave it 48 hours at least, it will take a lot of time for the moisture to dry out, even if it does turn on tomorrow if its still got moisture in it might short out.

Clio 182
f**k off with the oven or microwave? ?!

I work with a lot of electronics for defence, stuff goes in the oven all the time as part of various processes and tests. Ideally, you'd use a vacuum oven but most houses dont seem to come equipped with those strangely.

Last thing like this I did was to put my SLR plus lens in the oven to dry out after it getting absolutely soaked at Knockhill (standard really). An short while later and it was good to go.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
5a54b59c6fb27baec85b43e2edc7a73d7c47053cf575141b2024637d4a8595b0.jpg

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I did this with an iphone 3. Took it apart, left in the sun for 2 days and it worked.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Galaxy Tab 2 - Dropped in the bath. It went mental.

Opened it up - disconnected the battery, placed the unit in rice in the bottom of a .5 heat gas oven for 1 hour.

Left it in the rice for 3 days... Sorted.

So the phone was in the washing machine and OP thinks the first thing to do is post on CS. How about cancelling the wash cycle and removing it??

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
So the phone was in the washing machine and OP thinks the first thing to do is post on CS. How about cancelling the wash cycle and removing it??

It has been in for 20 mins and by the time we realised it was pretty wet already mate. What does OP stand for? ?