ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photoshop or Alternative??

350z GT
Hey guys

So wheres the best place to get Photoshop from??

Everywhere ive seen it its like really exspensive??

Or is there an alternative program that peopl are using??

thanks
Stu

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
alot of people use a free peice of software called GIMP, it is pretty good for free, i have photoshop but i got it off a "friend"

You can get a 30 day trial from Adobe's site if its just to try it out or don't need it long term. GIMP etc will work fine if your just editing your own photos but if your looking to learn it for career/job then Photoshop is the only real option. I also got it off a "friend", as do most people.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I Use GIMP too..

I run ubuntu on my main laptop and it came with it, gave it a bash and actually stopped using photoshop altogether, GIMP is ideal for me.

Cupra
Photoshop elements is good enough for most things. GIMP and paint.net are two free alternatives.
I'd be tempted to invest cash in Adobe Lightroom instead if you are focussing more on the photography side of things. I do most PP in that and only use Photoshop for the clone tool the majority of the time.

Cupra
£200 or £65 if you are/ know a student or teacher according to Amazon. There may well be cheaper places to get it from too. I honestly wouldn't want to be without it as it saves so much time with PP and you can turn photos around with only a couple of clicks.

350z GT
£200 or £65 if you are/ know a student or teacher according to Amazon. There may well be cheaper places to get it from too. I honestly wouldn't want to be without it as it saves so much time with PP and you can turn photos around with only a couple of clicks.

what do you need to prove you are a teacher etc to get it for £65?

RIP Dan
Lightroom is awesome, but I got Aperture as it is so cheap (54.99) in comparison. Easy to use and very similar to LR.

I also got Elements for 54.99.

Still learning Elements as I don't process with it. I am using it mainly to repair old family pictures. Long and arduous task, especially when you are as s**t as me.

Mk2 Clio 1.2 16v
As said above, get elements, it's so cheap for what it does, more features than most people will need, or even know about. Just can't go wrong at all.