ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picking a game for my new PC.

Got myself an i5 quad core GTX470 power house (ok so its OK)... and need a game to really test it.

Currently have CS: Source

Think I'll get Crisis 2 in the new year as that should really test out my system and has an on-line element. I'd rather wait for this than bother with black ops, unless that comes up in the Steam sale.

TBH the on-line element and casual game play are what I'm after, hence the love of CS: Source.

I doubt I'd event complete the off-line mode of any game, I haven't done half life 2 and Modern Warfare on the PS3 is on-line use only etc.

Considering an MMORPG but nothing as engrossing as War craft, are there any that are turn on, shoot s**t and not need to live a double life as a mythical elf?

EVE Incursion is currently on sale on Steam, thoughts?

[/waffle]

Evo 8 MR
Metro 2033, best looking game I've ever seen and uses new features of DX11, it is very taxing though. 8gb of Ram recommended lol.

To be honest if all you want to do is test it just download 3dmark 11.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, I'd recommend Bad Company 2 as well. Ideal for a pickup & go 30min session, or when you're ready to chuck a couple of hours into it.

As Greeny says though, the price has bumped back up slightly now. :(

D.

Evo 8 MR
Yep, I'd recommend Bad Company 2 as well. Ideal for a pickup & go 30min session, or when you're ready to chuck a couple of hours into it.

As Greeny says though, the price has bumped back up slightly now. :(

D.

I find Bad Company 2 and in fact all the Battlefield games you have to play with the settings especially the mouse sensitivity and pitch and yaw factors to get the right feel.

Call of Duty on the other hand is pick up and play.

Ta for all the suggestions, picked up Left 4 Dead 2 in the steam sale! Turn on, connect, shoot sh*t turn off, perfect :D

Can't wait for Crysis 2 though...

As much as I want to push it, game play over graphics & not bad for a fiver! ;) & I'm happy to wait for Crysis 2, looks like the best of both...

MKIII 138
tbh try running crysis on full settings @ at decent res that will put your leccy bill right up :) if your able to do so, add realifesis and apply the TOD (time of day) mod too and for good measure some AA.

failing that there are any number of other games that can fully tax the system even on a 470 quad core, an older game farcry 2 with ultra high settings will do this @ 1080p and above, especially with some AA.

Evo 8 MR
As much as I want to push it, game play over graphics & not bad for a fiver! ;) & I'm happy to wait for Crysis 2, looks like the best of both...

If Crysis is anything to go by, the gameplay is horrendous. So you couldn't be more wrong.

GTA4 is fairly taxing and has both good graphics and gameplay, looks 10x better maxed out on the pc than it does on consoles.

Giulietta 940
If Crysis is anything to go by, the gameplay is horrendous. So you couldn't be more wrong.

GTA4 is fairly taxing and has both good graphics and gameplay, looks 10x better maxed out on the pc than it does on consoles.

Agreed. And as Phill said, Far Cry 2 is always a good bet... cheap too!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got myself an i5 quad core GTX470 power house (ok so its OK)... and need a game to really test it.

Currently have CS: Source

Think I'll get Crisis 2 in the new year as that should really test out my system and has an on-line element. I'd rather wait for this than bother with black ops, unless that comes up in the Steam sale.

TBH the on-line element and casual game play are what I'm after, hence the love of CS: Source.

I doubt I'd event complete the off-line mode of any game, I haven't done half life 2 and Modern Warfare on the PS3 is on-line use only etc.

Considering an MMORPG but nothing as engrossing as War craft, are there any that are turn on, shoot s**t and not need to live a double life as a mythical elf?

EVE Incursion is currently on sale on Steam, thoughts?

[/waffle]

The complete GTA4 package was on sale on Steam a few days ago. I think it was down to something made like £6.99 for all three games, iirc? It will have gone back up in price now, mind. :(

The only thing that has ever put me off MMORPGs is that the decent ones are always a subscription based service. While I understand and fully take onboard the monthly charge philosophy, it kind of forces you to take the time and play the game - making sure you get your money's worth. A bit like a gym membership. You know it's good for you, you know you can go three times a day, everyday for a month. But can you be arsed? Thought not. ;)

D.