ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of my new Trophy

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 25 June 2005

Awesome Nik, glad youve got it!
Sub 9 minutes i recon ;)

(well maybe with you at the wheel anyway)

Quote: Originally posted by BigChris on 25 June 2005
can anyone tell how much these are new?

It varies on who and what you know apparently - lol

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 25 June 2005
No xenons!!!! Stunning colour and all but no xenons! Gutted.

Been in the car tonight and the vision from the non xenons is a million times better that his 172 ever was!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 25 June 2005

Been in the car tonight and the vision from the non xenons is a million times better that his 172 ever was!

Yep, i have to say, the only thing i liked about the xenons were how they looked. As a light for driving unless they were on full beam they were bloody useless, as they were dipped so low that you couldnt see more than a couple of yards in front.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Shouldnt be the case! The ren xenons are blinding at the best of times.

Reckon you must have had some issues with the lights then. My 172 and 182 have been awesome. I get in a car without xenons and its like driving a car with two crap torches with low batterys taped to the front bumper in comparison.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Hmmmm ... saw one of these outside my house earlier on this evening. Blokes driving it were so dodgy looking my missus locked the door and sent me down to see what was going on ;)

Driver pissed off all my neighbours by repeatedly moving the car to block them in too ... but all in all looked great tho needs some more stickers to complete it :eek:

Of course as a sad Douglas Adams fan you should have held on for the next one of the line :D

^^eh? No. 42? Youll have to explain that one!!

Looking great Nik, really nice photos btw and nice shiny paintwork:oops:

Im begining to think i should have bought one of these instead.

Looks class.

And nice "art work" MrAtego. What pakage do you use to get the effect and how do you do it :) ?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 25 June 2005

Reckon you must have had some issues with the lights then. My 172 and 182 have been awesome. I get in a car without xenons and its like driving a car with two crap torches with low batterys taped to the front bumper in comparison.
Spot on Mr Loony!!

i drove my mums Pug to Coventry and it was exactly how u describe. I had to stop and check at the first services that the bulbs hadnt blown !!! :oops:

The brightness wasnt the issue, there just wasnt enough light being thrown onto the road ahead, full beam was fine.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

The brightness wasnt the issue, there just wasnt enough light being thrown onto the road ahead, full beam was fine.
maybe the self leveling was set totaly wrong? !

Never had an issue with the beam cast either. Always wider futher and crisper light than halogen lamps. Anyway this is going a little off topic lol, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Quote: Originally posted by Wan82 on 25 June 2005Im begining to think i should have bought one of these instead.

Looks class.

And nice "art work" MrAtego. What pakage do you use to get the effect and how do you do it :) ?

Use Photoshop, use to lasso ro to select just the car, "Copy" it and the select the "Paste Into" option in the edit menu. You should now have 2 layers. 1 called background, the other called layer 1. Layer 1 should be the car. What you need to do now is make sure you have "Background" layer selected. Then all you do is click on "Image" then click the "Adjustments" tab and select "Hue/Saturation" Hue.Saturration box then pops up, all you then have to do is pull the top 2 sliders all the way to the left and hey presto, the background goes black and white.

[Edited by MrAtego on 6/25/2005 11:40:41 PM]

cheers

i gave it a shot and only got the car layer to balck and white and when i picked background it wouldnt change.

Is there any easy way to select the outlineof the car or is a steady hand needed? i cant seem to zoom in far enough and see the whole car without letting the mouse button go and it starts a new lasso selection.

Try clicking the history tab back to before you changed the the car layer black and white. Basically a steady hand is needed when selecting the car. Best to use the Polygonal Lasso tool in my opinion as its easier to use

Best to zoom in as much of the car as possible but make sure you can see ALL the car!
[Edited by MrAtego on 6/25/2005 11:59:40 PM]

Vee dub

The car looks stunning Nik

Sorry I cant make the BBQ to have a proper look, hopefully next time.

Tom