ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picture Request 30mm lowerings springs

None
Anyone who lowered there car on 30mm springs
Been offered some just wondered whether it was a decent drop and what you thought

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
35 front 30 back. dying to be lower though :( would go for at least 60mm if i was you mate !

dsc00544q.jpg

Clio 182
DSC00242.gif
DSC00244.gif

Eibach Prolines. Best choice, handles really well, looks good and not a problem with 5 people in the car or over speedbumps.

Lowering a non-sport clio by anything less than 60MM is a waste of time and money IMO. You'll only get bored with it, I did. As for the above comment, my car's on 60mm springs and there's no amount of people/speedbumps/multistorey car parks I can chuck at it that would make it rub or get stuck.

EDIT: I was referring to Dan D's post.

Flame Red Delight
definately go for more than 35mm, its weak and i wouldnt recommend it to anyone, get a set of coilovers, if not then 60mm lowering kit

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Just seen this thread, didnt wanna start another,

Just wondering, my girlfriend has a 2004 172. i want to lower it, whats a reccomended spring kit? height etc. as she doesnt wanna throw daft money on a full kit.

Cheers

Renaultsport Clio 182
i've recently fitted Sportlines to my 182 which dropped it about 30mm. i daren't go mad and go any lower due to all the speedhumps and generally shitty roads road by me.

i'm happy with the way it looks now tbh. Coilies would just be overkill for me as i dont plan on tracking it

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Cheers buddy nice one, any chance of sending me a pic plz? how much and wheres the best place for sportlines?

clio 1.2 16v
you will only end up wanting to go lower in the future, so go for 60mm springs or get on the group buy or i think speedbox.co.uk do the same offer for the vmaxx coilovers which you can adjust to what ride height you want.plus you will get a better ride with them, but your lookin at bout £300 billys for em

SG9 Forester STi
you will only end up wanting to go lower in the future, so go for 60mm springs or get on the group buy or i think speedbox.co.uk do the same offer for the vmaxx coilovers which you can adjust to what ride height you want.plus you will get a better ride with them, but your lookin at bout £300 billys for em

He's right :) You like it at first then you just want to go lower, i couldnt be happier with my coilovers they look much better than the 30mm springs did. Worth the big spend imo.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
As i said its not my car, id have coilys, pred not vmaxx though, she only wants it to look better. Surely 60mm springs with the weight of the engine would kill the shockers within weeks? or it will be very bouncy?

are there any decent spring and shock kits out there with out the price goin through the roof?

Cheers

As i said its not my car, id have coilys, pred not vmaxx though, she only wants it to look better. Surely 60mm springs with the weight of the engine would kill the shockers within weeks? or it will be very bouncy?

are there any decent spring and shock kits out there with out the price goin through the roof?

Cheers

I've just read your thread on C2club LOL, thought I'd seen the name somewhere else.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
lol Im on that many forums as i change cars like the wind lol.

Cheers for pic mate, thats not to bad.What springs and where from are they? think she would be happy with that.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
30mm? You might as well put some bricks in the back. Or invite some of your fat mates along. 60mm+ all the way :)