ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pimped the MBP...

Weeman sucks ****
8 should do...momentus XT next...

Screenshot2011-01-17at152459.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice.

What am I looking at? No desktop?

Weeman sucks ****
80 notes delivered, not too bad. should help when running the badly written pshop and the rest of CS5 along with autocad and a 3d modeller.

cool, where from? I noticed my MBP slowed a little the other day, but then I was using PS CS5, and iMovie rendering a 2GB 1080p video, and using safari with a few tabs open at the same time.

Rav4
8GB, can't believe how much cheaper it's become, I bought 4gb Last year March time and it was £95 inc Delivery.

I have an SSD in there, and it's ridiculously quick, with 8GB ram, Vmware will run wonderfully. Awesome.

Nice wallpaper

Weeman sucks ****
Shadow, photoshop CS5 runs like a bag of nails. I got it from ebuyer, corsair RAM. It's mad how it's come down in price, just need the SSD's to drop now.

I don't need VMware, although it is one of our clients so could probably blag it from them.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome, same as my iMac now.

I need to upgrade my MBP, too. What was the total cost, inc. shipping mate?

PM if you want.

Weeman sucks ****
Never had a problem with CS5 tbh, what's your issue then?

Do you ever have to do artworking using pshop, illustrator and indesign? pshop just doesn't run well. The CS4 i use at work on XP is quicker for some reason. It's not a big issue just could be smoother.

Chris, ebuyer Corsair RAM mate

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
tells you how to do it on the quick start guide you get with the mac :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
my macbook has 2gb of ram. would i notice a lot of difference with this increase to 8gb?

Weeman sucks ****
What CR said. It'll be able to handle more the more ram you have. They read 16GB but i had to draw the line...until it comes down in price

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
What CR said. It'll be able to handle more the more ram you have. They read 16GB but i had to draw the line...until it comes down in price

quite handy you drew the line, the current 15" MBP only supports a maximum of 8GB of RAM anyway. :)

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
There s an iPhone app called mactracker which can come in handy... Dunno who writes it but it's pretty spot on.

Weeman sucks ****
Why would you need 16GB!! If you editing the latest Pixar film then yeh, but most other things I'm sure 8GB is more than enough.

Because i render a lot of 3d models. the more ram, cores etc the better. If i could afford it i'd buy a 12 core mac pro i would, but i need food for the next few years lol.