ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Playing my ipod

Did the reading and searching on here, got the part number I need, check for nearest stockist (Halfords). Went down to order it and it's £149.99 !!!!
Is that correct or are they seriously overpricing it ?
All I want to do is connect my ipod/Walkman to the headunit, would be cheaper to by a new Bluetooth headunit.

But there is a few on ebay for around the £30 mark, all I want to do is unplug the multi stack cd and replace with ipod/auxiliary lead. Any help would be great

172 Turbo
Yeah, you pop the stereo out, plug it in where the changer goes. I then pushed mine down the back of the dash and lifted out the cup holders and ran the aux lead through the hole in the ashtray. I added a 50 cm extension on it to that.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
You can use the iPod connects2 and use a plugin Bluetooth adapter. I do this in mine and it works fine....albeit the stalks don't work then or just plug in the iPod directly and the stalks can then be used.

...which having read above is what @Knuckles said!

Last edited:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
With the Connects2 I would feel your way behind the dash and into the glove box. That way, it's out of sight so if left in situ, no one will be aware. You would just use it like you would the CD changer...it will use the first 6 play lists as if they're CDs in their own right. Let us know if you need pics as to how its done and I will get my 182 out and take some pics. It genuinely is easy.

You can use the iPod connects2 and use a plugin Bluetooth adapter. I do this in mine and it works fine....albeit the stalks don't work then or just plug in the iPod directly and the stalks can then be used.

...which having read above is what @Knuckles said!

Here is a link to a Bluetooth adapter if you wanted http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/321715449842?nav=SEARCH

With the Connects2 I would feel your way behind the dash and into the glove box. That way, it's out of sight so if left in situ, no one will be aware. You would just use it like you would the CD changer...it will use the first 6 play lists as if they're CDs in their own right. Let us know if you need pics as to how its done and I will get my 182 out and take some pics. It genuinely is easy.
Thanks for your help guys, all bits ordered and should be here Tuesday ready for me to fit Wednesday/Thursday. I probably will be posting for help.
And am looking forward to the French car show and hopefully meeting some of you

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Remember you need some radio removal tools to get the radio out...or a few very thin screw drivers.

As suggested by Don, it's really easy to run into the glovebox, there is a hole in the top of the box already for you to run the cable through.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Photo of mine...excuse the poor quality! The black cable is run through from behind, there is room to get your hand in when the radio is out.
image.jpg

Right, pulled headunit out. Unplugged the blue connector and tried to play cd but source couldn't find cd player, so guessing that was the right plug. Plugged the connects2 in and the source finds the cd player again. I can't test until my 30 pin-lightning connector arrives.
But does this sound correct ?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Right, pulled headunit out. Unplugged the blue connector and tried to play cd but source couldn't find cd player, so guessing that was the right plug. Plugged the connects2 in and the source finds the cd player again. I can't test until my 30 pin-lightning connector arrives.
But does this sound correct ?

Yup, do you not have access to an old iPod/iPhone to test?

Do you have an 'expert' option on your head unit?

If so, hold it down until you get the new menu, then turn on the AUX option if the connects2 doesn't work

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I note from your earlier post you have a "tuner list", what you have described does sound correct. As knuckles has said above, would suggest testing with old iPod/iPhone.

Thanks, its all pushed back in. With cable coming thru glovebox. I've got an adapter coming, and the Bluetooth one. I might pop up town and see if I can get one, asda wanted £25 :dizzy:

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Better photo than mine! Should be plug and play...remember that the connects2 will only switch through the 1st 6 playlists if the iPod/iPhone is connected directly (you can think of each playlist being a different CD in the changer). Let us know how you get on.

BMW 320d SE
I fitted mine yesterday and it works great! Only problem is it keeps charging the iPod after the ignition is turned off. Not a problem if you use the car everyday but I only use mine once a week so I have to remember to disconnect it when I park up.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Hang about, where does that connector come from? I just use mine in the headphone jack

There are 2 options you can buy. One with the iPod connector which means you can use the radio stalks to control the iPod and the other being a simple headphone cable that only plays the sound.

172 Turbo
There are 2 options you can buy. One with the iPod connector which means you can use the radio stalks to control the iPod and the other being a simple headphone cable that only plays the sound.

Balls, I'll have to have a look for the other one!