ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please complete this Poll for my dissertation

Do you think there is a wide market for Aftermarket exhausts for a Renault Sport Clio 182 ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Care to give an insight into what your dissertation is? Always interested to hear about them.

Also, your question, I should have answered no, because technically, there isn't a "wide" market for 182 exhaust, the market almost could not be any more narrow.

Total market share: People who own a 182.

But I do think it's a product that's highly desirable due to the poor quality of the Renault items, and the love of Renault Sport drivers to modify their chariot.

Care to give an insight into what your dissertation is? Always interested to hear about them.

Also, your question, I should have answered no, because technically, there isn't a "wide" market for 182 exhaust, the market almost could not be any more narrow.

Total market share: People who own a 182.

But I do think it's a product that's highly desirable due to the poor quality of the Renault items, and the love of Renault Sport drivers to modify their chariot.
I am designing a constructing a manifold and de-car exhaust system for a 182 which will hopefully optimise the overall performance

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I am designing a constructing a manifold and de-car exhaust system for a 182 which will hopefully optimise the overall performance
Hmmmm, ok.

If you're looking for feedback, I'd revise your question. Do a few on a survey site, if it's clio specific a load of people will fill it out I'm sure.. (It shows a broad consideration for your design and is better in dissertation terms. I could give hours of feedback because I'm rather bored, but I won't (unless you want some to improve your brief).. :blush:

Only other bit of advice, which may be wrong, but I'm going purely upon what I've read several times in the past... Don't bother with the manifold, go manifold back as I believe the 182 mani is considered pretty good and no one has ever seen significant gains from changing it? (In the early days of the 182 coming out).

Hmmmm, ok.

If you're looking for feedback, I'd revise your question. Do a few on a survey site, if it's clio specific a load of people will fill it out I'm sure.. (It shows a broad consideration for your design and is better in dissertation terms. I could give hours of feedback because I'm rather bored, but I won't (unless you want some to improve your brief).. :blush:

Only other bit of advice, which may be wrong, but I'm going purely upon what I've read several times in the past... Don't bother with the manifold, go manifold back as I believe the 182 mani is considered pretty good and no one has ever seen significant gains from changing it? (In the early days of the 182 coming out).
Yeah i see where your coming from and i have considered just doing a straight exhaust system with a de-cat and no back box to see what power i could achieve, the manifold already has 4-2-1 system which is decent for power output and i am quite scared of taking my standard manifold off and putting mine on as the space in the engine bay for movement is minimal.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You're going to get a bit of a bias with that poll on here.
Which when writing a dissertation, might not be a bad thing ;)

My tutor said to me "write the questions in a neutral manner, but make sure the answers come from people who will agree your intended direction" LOL!

It actually depends what kind of dissertation you're doing though, as a wildcard answer etc can make an interesting talking point. God I sort of miss education.

Which when writing a dissertation, might not be a bad thing :wink:

My tutor said to me "write the questions in a neutral manner, but make sure the answers come from people who will agree your intended direction" LOL!

It actually depends what kind of dissertation you're doing though, as a wildcard answer etc can make an interesting talking point. God I sort of miss education.
Exactly, i need to answer to be yes but i'm ok with people putting no its all opinions at the end of the day