ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please help loss of power

MODDED 172
Hi there i had my matched inlets fitted also i have the car re-mapped and a de-cat fitted, when i put it on the rolling road it made 160 bhp. it sould be running around 170-175bhp. the standard ones were putting out 160 on the day so i know mine should be more. i know the cam belt went on it just before i bought it but all was sorted the guy gave me the £1300 recipt, im going to carry out a compresion test soon, 2 weeks ago it had a new aux belt fitted, just wondered if it could have anything to do with that, just wondered if any of you could help me with this i,e what to start checking or re-placing

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i would say very slight misfire or cambelt has been put on wrong, ie cams not timed properly, was it fitted at a main stealer?

1300 for the cambelt??? christ!

did the rr operator not have any comments? how did it run on the rollers any pinking or the car running hot > the exhaust taking a while to cool down and making contracting noises...

some cars just dont make the power - like mine :(

i wouldn't expect those mods to give you 175bhp though

MODDED 172
alibaily the cam was not done at a main stealers was done at some little garage they aint to clever though coz they didnt even bother to do the aux belt at the same time...

toony sonic rolling road bloke just said something is a miss there all the bog standard cars that day were hitting 160bhp so mine should of been more

yeah just reread the OP my mistake

did you have the car rr'd before this? need a "base" figure unmodified to start with tbh

just to let you know my car didnt make its power too so i had a comp test and it came away with a result of even 150 across all four cylinders > approx 25% down on what it should be

still trying to find the fault tbh

ValverInBits
2 posibilities IMO

Probably a bad cambelt job - if the timing is even slightly out then it's going to be down on power big time. You need the right tools and knowledge to do it properly. Take it to GDi or similar and ask them to have a quick look.

Could be damage left over from the broken cam belt, but unlikely..

911 3.2 Carrera, Clio 1.2
How long since the RR was calibrated ? did they account for temp and pressure correctly ?, RR's can have significant errors and 15hp is often seen between one and another.

Is there anyway of checking if the timing is out without removing the belt/ripping it all apart? May be a stupid question, sorry