ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plugs soaked with fuel ( pics)

Clio 172
I think I have found the cause of my misfire , my plugs are getting soaked with fuel , it's had new plugs, leads , coil , crank sensor and now battery ..... I'm stumped lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 173
  Clio 172
Using the right recommended plugs guys , my coolant temp sensor has a wire missing ( see pic) also it's just had belts replaced and dephaser done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 157
  Clio 172
Also mate I have just noticed that there is no power going to the temp sender , and if I turn the car over when it's disconnected the cooling fan kicks in and it doesn't start

Megane r26
Don't think the fact the belts have been changed would of caused this. What work previous has it had?

Also that cts plug looks rather tatty

Clio 172
It had valves done and head gasket , valves were all checked after grinding etc , what puzzling me is that the is no power to the cts ,

Megane r26
It's over fueling, reason for the plugs being sooted. Take it it was running fine before you did the work? Just checking out some wiring diagrams now

Clio 172
Yes mate it run perfect , just wondering if when the head was removed did the cts get banged or something daft

Clio 172
Ha , that would explain that then mate lol , i disconnected the injectors 1 by 1 earlier and the engine not changed like it should too

Megane r26
It's whats known as a thermistor, resistance normally lowers the warmer it gets. Auto data doesn't contain any parameters/info for it though.

Cup In bits
You will still get power at the CTS, how does the the ecu know what temperature the engine is if no power?

Sensor's are usually 0-5v varying with resistance.

A failed CTS would affect all cylinders equally and it may cause over fuelling depending on how it fails.

How can you know there is no power to the cts if you have not measured the voltage across it?

Megane r26
I just used a circuit tester on the wires going into the block connector on the cts mate

Tester? As in test light or multimeter? A multimeter will pick up the smallest of signal voltages. You also need to be whipping the cts out putting a meeting across it to measure resistance whilst its in a pan off water slowly warming up. Good way of testing them

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Unless there's an issue with the ECU triggers this is most likely a faulty CTS.

Also, ref the coolant bleed issue you pm'd me about. Bleed it when its cold, put the bolt back in and then start the engine (holding 2.5k rpm until it achieves temp).

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
the CTS on my phase 1 I have just broken has 3 wires to it? not sure if phase 2 is different?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
needs a compression test IMO. I recon somethings gone back together wrong and the valves aren't closing properly