ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PMS quick shift kit fitting problems.

RS-182 Mk2 RS-2000
I have a Pure Motorsport Quick Shifter kit and I have tried for hours and hours to fit it on a few occasions and cant. I can either get it to go into all forward gears but no reverse. Or reverse 1st, 3rd, 5th and no 2nd, 4th.??? I've tried to fit it now 3 times and cant. The original shifter kit works no problem and goes straight back in. But the PMS kit just doesn't seem to have enough movement in the spherical bearing at the base of the gar stick to allow it to fit and get all gears. I've spoke to PMS and used their fitting guide but the said it must be a problem with my gear box. Has anyone else had similar problems? If so how did you get it sorted in the end? Any help gratefully received. Rob

dan's cast offs.
check it's not hitting on the bolt for the dogbone. the rod only needs to just about touch something and it will be a pain to get in gear.

RS-182 Mk2 RS-2000
Thanks for the comments guys. We tried setting it up in reverse and 5th and few other ways with limited success. I am going to have another go in the next week or 2. I'm not giving up on it just yet. Could have thrown it out of the window. I may have to commission some help if I still cant get it right. Did anyone take any photos of theirs when fitted? Just so I can try and get the rods to a similar position.

RS-182 Mk2 RS-2000
Yes with the original shift kit it I can get all gears fine. But it only has half an exhaust after the last rally and it needs taxing. But otherwise yes

RS-182 Mk2 RS-2000
Ahh top bloke! I will take you up on that mate, thanks. Have you got a garage? I need to do a few jobs on it yet. Then I may as well tax it start of Dec and get it over. Its still covered in mud with no exhaust and needs a drive shaft seal. Do you do chips and mapping? Cheers

I've just fitted one, can get all gears perfect, only slight concern and not sure if its normal, when you take it out of reverse the collar you lift up stays up,, so it could be quite easy to put it in reverse instead of 1st.. Is this right or does it need more adjustment...

Ok doke, i'll have a play about; its as if it needs a stiffer spring for the collar to drop back down when taken out of reverse

dan's cast offs.
if you play with the collar for a few minutes it should start to sort itself out. as long as it doesn't go into reverse when the collar is down you'll be fine.

Reactions: Chi
Yes i've spoke to PMS, and it needs taking apart and regreasing as its been sat in stock for a while,, it doesnt go in reverse when the collar is down

RS-182 Mk2 RS-2000
I think I am going to get a replacement manifold and decat pipe. Will you be able to throw them on as well while its on the ramp? Saves me having to do it on my back on the drive. I also have an Omex shift light that is installed but needs wiring up. Would you be able to do this as well? Just thinking of trying to get as much out of the way as I can while you know your way around Clio's. Cheers