ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PMS Shifter fitting issues

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Has anyone ever had issues fitting these? I can't get the bottom of the shifter tower to line up with the linkage properly. The holes look out of line

fe2c3a5c6654c424aa1feda9963955a7.jpg

d7b30d5fbe9155f7917d68b6a5f12d4c.jpg

1a7de18a2e16680fda625c61284da82a.jpg

Think my only option will be to elongate one of the holes to make it fit, which I don't really fancy doing tbh.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Try a bit of heat and put it in a vice and bend it first

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tower has been bolted and sealed in place so I'm trying to avoid removing it again if possible. Wondered if I could try and clamp it in a bit until it lined up but I don't think there will be enough of a gap to get the linkage through if I done that

Could you try bending the horseshoe bit in like you said to line up the holes, then file it away slightly inside until the linkage fits ok? Never had a PMS shifter so dont know what the linkage bit is like, just going off the pictures in the thread.

Or, if you get a slightly smaller diameter bar, put it all the way through both sides of the horseshoe and the linkage, then then feed the bolt in as you remove the smaller diameter bar, using the bar to line up the linkage/holes. Don't know if that'd work though.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Just had mine arrive this morning, looked to have the same issue with the bottom of the lever. The bolt won't push through but managed to get mine together by turning the bolt by hand, went straight through then

Ads