ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polishing pads

RB 182
Hi had a go using the auto finesse pads on the weekend, as it was the first time I just used two of the compounds and not the cutting one. And this took some time!!! Just asking if the 3 steps is Necessary? Or is anyone able to offer advice on different pads and polishes to suit the rb colour! Many thanks mike

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Polish is irrelevant of colour as you're working on the clear coat.

Id suggest reading the stickier threads at the top of this section on machine polishing as you should use the mildest combination required to get the required level of removal of swirls and marring

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
As above, read both the rotary and DA guides.

I found the AF combos to be a little mild anyway. At least on renault paint and non oem paint.

If the number 2 combo isn't cutting how you want, move to number 1, if that doesn't work, switch to a coarser polish/pad combo.

RB 182
Polish is irrelevant of colour as you're working on the clear coat.

Id suggest reading the stickier threads at the top of this section on machine polishing as you should use the mildest combination required to get the required level of removal of swirls and marring
okay I'll take a look now , thanks for the reply!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
As above, read both the rotary and DA guides.

I found the AF combos to be a little mild anyway. At least on renault paint and non oem paint.

If the number 2 combo isn't cutting how you want, move to number 1, if that doesn't work, switch to a coarser polish/pad combo.

Number 2 pad and compound via DA pro worked great on Audi paint as a great single stage, didn't really need to step up to the coarser combo. Plus it refined pretty well

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Number 2 pad and compound via DA pro worked great on Audi paint as a great single stage, didn't really need to step up to the coarser combo. Plus it refined pretty well

That may be where I went wrong. Applying via my g220 replica. I've since switched to das6 pro but not had to tackle heavily marred paint yet.

Cliosport ph1 mv647
I would recommend 3m products, i use them daily as i work for a bodyshop that work on some fancy motors. Majority of my time i am smart repairing, buffing cars for the pitch.

It also has 3 stages but the first stage is more for scratches. ( fast cut plus)

Fine cut plus and ultrafina se arw good products for removing swirl marks and they come with specific heads (color coded to the bottle) to keep you right :)

Hope that some help