ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

polishing/waxing

Sorry for the noob question. What are the benefits of waxing as I thought car polish contained wax anyway?

I presume the process is wash, clay, wash, dry, polish, wax. Then just maintain with simple washes after that?

Which waxes do people recommend?

Thanks

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Sorry for the noob question. What are the benefits of waxing as I thought car polish contained wax anyway?

I presume the process is wash, clay, wash, dry, polish, wax. Then just maintain with simple washes after that?

Which waxes do people recommend?

Thanks

Depends what polish your using. Most don’t have any wax or sealant in them.

Try a sealant like Gtechniq C3v3 or CarPro Reload instead of wax.

Ok thanks, my shampoo is Simoniz Shampoo+Carnauba wax, and my polish is AutoGlym high resin. Is it still worth using separate wax or sealant too though?

Is sealant better to use than wax and how often do you need to apply it?

RB Clio 182
Most polishes just remove swirl marks and light scratches with minimal protection, wax/sealant protects it, sealant is usually a watery liquid so its easier to use.

Most polishes just remove swirl marks and light scratches with minimal protection, wax/sealant protects it, sealant is usually a watery liquid so its easier to use.

Is it still worth polishing first to give it the shine and then apply wax/sealant or skip the polishing?

RB Clio 182
Is it still worth polishing first to give it the shine and then apply wax/sealant or skip the polishing?
The prep is the most important part, its the polishing that will make it shine, if you want it to shine, and then adding a quality wax/sealent will protect it from the shitty winter weather and make it look a bit more slick, wax or sealant on an unpolished car will still look s**t, but will give it protection.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The problem is Polish is an american term, it can confuse. Zaino is polish but it's actually a sealant!

Still to the word wax and sealant for last step protection and you should go wrong.

Maybe move on from super resin polish to something like Bilt hamber cleanser polish and one of their waxes?