ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poly bushing wishbones!

Yeah don't even bother
Tried burning them out - was taking ages

Went to a garage - gave the guy £10 and he let me use their hydraulic press.
Came out in about 8 seconds flat

Fitting the metal bits of the poly bushes is a nightmare too and then they need welding

172 cup, Impreza P1
Used a press on mine and as long as you have the correct mandrels they pop out fine. Had to file a chamfer on the leading edge of the wishbone to allow the metal sleeve to fit but other than that it was pretty straight forward.

I'm going to test fit mine on the car before welding just to make sure everything lines up as they should.

I did the same - filing a slight chamfer on the wishbone itself allowed me to tap the metal sleeve in with a hammer
Guy at the garage said not to press them in as they are too thin and would disform

172 cup, Impreza P1
I did the same - filing a slight chamfer on the wishbone itself allowed me to tap the metal sleeve in with a hammer
Guy at the garage said not to press them in as they are too thin and would disform

Just had to go easy with them and make sure they were square and pressing them was no problem.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Took the wishbones to a garage this morning to get the sleeves welded onto the wishbones and they had trouble getting the weld to take. He said the sleeve is stainless and the wishbone is mild steel and so they couldn't weld it. Anyone got any tips on what type of wleding can be used and how best to do it?

Anyone available in the Glasgow area that could help with this over the weekend?