ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

poor running, tried lots.. help!

Monaco RS Clio 172
hey all,

just recently my car was running ok, after it blew a plug, a local company helicoiled it, but after 2 or so months it started sounding like a scooby.. that is the only way I can describe it.

I have changed the coil pack, the plugs, the leads, the MAP sensor, the air filter, checked all fuses.. it runs but it just sounds like a tank and won't go anywhere.

I did have an engine management light flashing while I drove it like this.

I am going to try and get her in for a diagnostic test but any other ideas?

I swapped the front and back (before and after cat) lambda sensors, and it has a ktec cat back with a decat on there.. no effect. I was told to swap them as they are the same and the chance of them both being gone or the same is unlikely? no idea..

thanks in advanced!

As I said on the phone to you mate, only so far you can get throwing parts at it - get it on diagnostics to see what the fault code is :)

Monaco RS Clio 172
yeah - just a wee bit concerned driving it. thanks tom.

this sucks. I've thrown alot of money at it. you live and learn.

do not buy french cars.. they may be fun but they just break your heart :(

Monaco RS Clio 172
ok she's booked in tomorrow morning at ren7oaks for diagnostics. I give up myself lol

£300 later... lol