ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poor V6

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Someone posted this on Facebook.

Such a waste

Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 19.15.23.png

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Yup, just new suspension, brakes, wheels, tyres, bushes, mounts, exhaust, engine.

Only if you know more to the photo. It may just need wheels, brakes and a clean up for all I know...

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Remember a few years ago one of these in a state was worthless, a good one was 8k, cat cars were a hard sell..

At the moment it's only going up in value and he doesn't even have to clean it... The owners currently winning.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Wheels are £410 each from renault. (total = £1640)

Front brake discs are £589 from renault.

Front brake pads are £231 from renault.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Only been off the road for two years so probably not in terrible condition.

I always find it fascinating at how it got to that stage in the first place.

Just checked on that MOT thing, January 2013 was its last MOT, which it passed.

Remember a few years ago one of these in a state was worthless, a good one was 8k, cat cars were a hard sell..

At the moment it's only going up in value and he doesn't even have to clean it... The owners currently winning.
Never!!!
In the recession, Cat D's were at about £7k, so were ones needing a lot of money spent on them (cambelt brakes etc etc, easily a £2.5k bill there) good ones a touch under £10k (all prices for a Phase 1)

(ps, I've had one for almost nine years now, so I know how the prices went)

Looks like ith as brembos?
No, just the (un branded on the front) AP's painted in red.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheels are £410 each from renault. (total = £1640)

Front brake discs are £589 from renault.

Front brake pads are £231 from renault.
From Ren yeah, iirc I got all new OE discs & better pads for about £450 18 months ago. Ren prices are a rip off.

I love your V @cat171
Its on my shortlist of acceptable clios to own
Cheers brosef! I seems to be appreciating quite a bit too :cool: or if you listed to people on here it's worth about £4.50 :laughing:

Listerine & Poledo
Cheers brosef! I seems to be appreciating quite a bit too :cool: or if you listed to people on here it's worth about £4.50 :laughing:
That's a price I can do.
Swap you Listerine with cash my way? You'll get to find out what a proper gearbox feels like, and not risk dieing every time to do something other than drive in a straight line?

That's a price I can do.
Swap you Listerine with cash my way? You'll get to find out what a proper gearbox feels like, and not risk dieing every time to do something other than drive in a straight line?
Chuck in a snickers & you've got a deal ;)

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Never!!!
In the recession, Cat D's were at about £7k, so were ones needing a lot of money spent on them (cambelt brakes etc etc, easily a £2.5k bill there) good ones a touch under £10k (all prices for a Phase 1)

(ps, I've had one for almost nine years now, so I know how the prices went)

I know of a phase 2 that went for 12k many years ago with a fsh under 50k and the only bad thing was some cracking on the door mounding.. These things happen..

When the phase 2 was low the phase1 was pushed into the dirt.. Wasn't it known for its added ditch finding rear suspension set up?

A few people I know snapped them up around this time.. When I went to dream they were back up to 16-19k a phase 2 and the phase one was chasing it.

I know of a phase 2 that went for 12k many years ago with a fsh under 50k and the only bad thing was some cracking on the door mounding.. These things happen..

When the phase 2 was low the phase1 was pushed into the dirt.. Wasn't it known for its added ditch finding rear suspension set up?

A few people I know snapped them up around this time.. When I went to dream they were back up to 16-19k a phase 2 and the phase one was chasing it.

I remember seeing pretty good Ph1's for £6-7k I'm sure of it!

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
Your correct they did hit that sort of number two or so years ago but you won't find a cat d for that money now, ph2 are now often 20k plus, low mileage ones more and rare colour ones even more still.

You could argue that it's a lot of money but they are iconic cars that we will never see again, the days of naturally aspirated engines is dead in hot hates let alone a 3 ltr squeezed into the back for no other reason that just because they could.

Yeah that one must have been on about 2008 or so, bang in the recession. Traditionally there was always about a £5k price difference between the two, an average Phase 1 was about £10k in 2006, and £15k would get you high miler Phase 2.

Yeah, sadly a lot of Phase 1's ended up as Cat D's due to the handling & expense to repair them. In the early days a lot of folk got them just to see what they were like, I'd always see cars that were about three years old with almost double figure owners.

It's only the past couple of years that prices have gone up, in the Phase 2's an LY was about £20k, not anymore though :)

I remember seeing pretty good Ph1's for £6-7k I'm sure of it!
Ropey dog ones dude, high milers & tons of owners etc. Even when I was looking all those years ago, some were on ten owners! That's completely nuts!