ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poorboys

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hi all,

Just wondering do a lot of you folk use the Poorboys gear?

I have a black clio and im after using the Black Hole Glaze, Blue Paste Carnauba Wax & Wheel Sealant?

Are these all good products to use? as to be honest they are not badly priced any in my price range :)

Thanks

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
To start off with, they're great tbh. I found that I had to put quite a few layers of wheel sealant on for it to be any good.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Ahh, you used the glaze/wax? Ive seen some reviews saying they are great and others saying they are poor. But i suppose the pricing of them does reflect as cant expect much for £15 a bottle sort of thing :p

Would you recommend any type of wax after it or a sealant of some sort? :)

You need to top off Blackhole with a sealant or wax, yes. Otherwise all of the fillers will just wash away. The Natty's Blue is a very good wax. Cheap but punches well above its weight.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
For the money you can't complain. Does a decent job. I've got the black hole, professional polish, Natty's paste wax and QD+ with carnuba

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Used poorboys black hole on my dads car and it really is good! removed all little scratches and some swirl marks.
Oh and it smells amazing btw haha

Oh i might have to buy it then as everyone seems to say it smells good.. Ill just sit there sniffing it lol.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Their liquid wax is epic! (Blue one!)

I didnt buy the liquid wax. I bought the blue paste wax in the end. If i keep getting good reviews off a lot of their different products im going to end up with a massive amount of their stuff! :p

Last edited:
  iceberg phase 2 172
Im a big fan of the poorboys polish with carnauba blue, also like black hole . heard good stuff about the nattys blue and red, although heard the durability aint the best ??

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
The Nattys liquid blue is superb. Had the paste waxes but prefer the liquid wax a million times over

Renault Clio MK4 RS
The Nattys liquid blue is superb. Had the paste waxes but prefer the liquid wax a million times over

My gf said she is going to buy me the liquid one for next time along with the wheel sealant! So ill give it a go soon once i get it ;)

Nice to find a decent product that is comparatively cheap

Yeah i wouldnt mind having a few products from AF or Swissvax but both very expensive. So poorboys are good for having a good product in my price range :)

Honda & VW
You haven't always got to spend a fortune, there are so many products out there these days to suit all budgets. Yes there will always be a better product to those of a 'budget' range however unless you use the premium products you don't know what you're missing therefore make do/are happy with what you've got.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Completely agree. I love buying 'good' budget stuff to try. I think id be dissapointed with the bigger value stuff. Probably as i expect miracles lol

Renault Clio MK4 RS
You haven't always got to spend a fortune, there are so many products out there these days to suit all budgets. Yes there will always be a better product to those of a 'budget' range however unless you use the premium products you don't know what you're missing therefore make do/are happy with what you've got.

Oh yeah i know. Ive just heard very good things about the swissvax - Best of show but doubt ill ever buy it due to the pricing of it :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hi all again,

Whilst i was at a car show i found some cheap Poorboys stuff. Only had the cash on me for one of them but at £6 cant go wrong for a full bottle :)

Ive bought the Poorboys SSR 2.5 and was just wondering if it is actually any good for removing scratches from paint?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
ahh right. well hopefully it will get rid of some scratches. Because its an abrasive do you think its going to get rid of some of the paint level?

Just wondering because my bonnet is at around 30-50 microns and the rest of the car has around 150 so my bonnet paint is very thin! :|

Golf GT & A4 Avant
To remove swirls with correction, you are removing very fine amounts of clear coat, as you say microns. It's nothing more than ultra fine sanding in its basic form. 150m is a decent level to play with. 30-40 is worryingly low.

Are you using it by hand or machine? I guess you have access to a PTG to measure your progress

Renault Clio MK4 RS
im doing it by hand so will take a long time to do. I had it checked out by someone i know as i was going to get it fully corrected a month ago but he said he darent do the bonnet due to the level being so low. I think ill purchase a secondhand bonnet soon so i dont have to worry about it. Theres a few little rust patches coming out on the bonnet right at the front so its getting to the point of being very bad :/