ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Porsche 9FF GT9

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Doesn't look like that any more.

9ff-gt9-r-crashed_460x0w.jpg

9ff-gt9-r-crashed_460x0w.jpgp

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
hahaha that car was meant for straight track

Actually this accident happened at Bruntingthorpe - they don't come much straighter but it does run out eventually! I was actually there the day it happened and 9FF turned up with this and a 996 Turbo convertible. The 996 was stunning, running over 220mph through the traps despite looking completely standard and appearing to be perfectly driveable.

The GT9 was a different matter, I've actually got some footage off it setting off on its last run and, after stalling and struggling to restart, it eventually made its way off slowly until the turbo spooled up and then it was gone. Clearly both long geared and not very tractable but jesus did it shift. I think it was in the mid 220's through the traps but the driver was a bit late on the brakes and ended up running out of road. Actually made the 996 look even more impressive.

Turbos.
I think it is pretty rubbish. Veyron does it without fuss. I believe 9FF were back at Bruntingthorpe recently with their Boxster based version. It looks bizarre.