ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PORSCHE BOXSTER STOLEN.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
So has someone test driven the car and handed you back a dodgy key? I'm confused but may of missed something. If you still have the 2 keys hire could they take it?

Nissan 350z
From what I've read im assuming:

OP selling car > potential buyer arranges test drive > OP gives him his home address where the car is stored > potential buyer has a test drive but then hands OP back a fake pair of keys > OP goes to bed/work > potential buyer returns with real pair of keys and drives off with car.

And theres something about a picture of the keys being removed, dunno if they were a picture of the fake keys or the legit keys?

I have no condolencies at all.IG1QT is Coventry Rd is in Ilford.Change of circumstance = fell out with my toy boy.CS membership is just £12,classic insurance fraud

This guy appears to be crying its an insurance scam based on the above details and the fact OP lives in a rich area but cant afford £12 CS membership lol.

Last edited:

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
I'm also confused haha

What is confusing. Op is selling a car he/she puts a picture up of 2 keys and a load of documents to show its service history as most people do. Pervious to viewing the car I buy a look-a-like key from eBay/dealer. When viewing the car I ask for a test drive yeah sure have you got insurance. (Yes) okay then here you go let's jump in. After test drive you jump out swap the real key with the fake key job done.

Buyer- love the car il collect tomorrow
Op- yeah not a problem I finish work at 7 so see you after then if it's okay.
Buyer- not a problem bye.

Buyer returns knowing seller at work uses real key to take car put into container a tick of the order list.

Or it will be hidden a couple of mile away in a area where it can be seen by a look out to see if the car has a gps tracker.

Next.

An orange one
So this is the reason I always just take a bit less and trade in at a dealers. No hassles that way.

PH2 172
Excuse me. You don't know me and have no right to judge. I came on here for support not to be put down. Thanks thats really big of u.

Sorry mate,if you had been straight up,and said the car had been test driven,and you now have the keys to 2 different cars,I wouldn`t have started to think you were being devious,as it`s virtually impossible to steal modern cars without a key.
Thank you for alerting us of this novel approach to car theft,the prefered method is just to break into your house and steal the keys.
Did your buyer leave a deposit,produce any ID or insurance to drive the car?My apoligies since you appear to be the victim of a sophisticated plan.I still maintain that putting your postcode in an advert on Autotrader is not a good idea though.
Lessons to be learnt for the rest of us,if you are going to hand over a key,make sure the key is identifiable by a key ring,a cliosport bottle opener on a Porshe key would be excellent,no one could predict that.Also a cable tie would be s good 2nd line of defense.Insist on having a land line phone number for your buyer,and a photo ID license if possible.
On the bright side,you wanted the car gone and now it is.Your ad was very accurate as in "and can be driven away with no worries"

Ph2 Meg 225
Sorry mate,if you had been straight up,and said the car had been test driven,and you now have the keys to 2 different cars,I wouldn`t have started to think you were being devious,as it`s virtually impossible to steal modern cars without a key.
Thank you for alerting us of this novel approach to car theft,the prefered method is just to break into your house and steal the keys.
Did your buyer leave a deposit,produce any ID or insurance to drive the car?My apoligies since you appear to be the victim of a sophisticated plan.I still maintain that putting your postcode in an advert on Autotrader is not a good idea though.
Lessons to be learnt for the rest of us,if you are going to hand over a key,make sure the key is identifiable by a key ring,a cliosport bottle opener on a Porshe key would be excellent,no one could predict that.Also a cable tie would be s good 2nd line of defense.Insist on having a land line phone number for your buyer,and a photo ID license if possible.
On the bright side,you wanted the car gone and now it is.Your ad was very accurate as in "and can be driven away with no worries"

Im sure the tables would turn if you were in the same situation and you'd asked for help off fellow members.

Clio 172 Flamer
as it`s virtually impossible to steal modern cars without a key.

That is some statement.... you sure? ;)

There are all sorts of devices out there to get the car unlocked etc..

Corsa VXR's had a problem with them a few years back with them being too easy to steal, as did a couple of BMW models.

Think at the end of the day, the guy has come on here as a stab in dark and to cover any bases that he can.

No need to slam him for that.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Jesus, another scam never heard of that one before.

Why steal a Boxster though.... ;) does look a tidy one to be fair

From what I've read im assuming:

OP selling car > potential buyer arranges test drive > OP gives him his home address where the car is stored > potential buyer has a test drive but then hands OP back a fake pair of keys > OP goes to bed/work > potential buyer returns with real pair of keys and drives off with car.

And theres something about a picture of the keys being removed, dunno if they were a picture of the fake keys or the legit keys?

This guy appears to be crying its an insurance scam based on the above details and the fact OP lives in a rich area but cant afford £12 CS membership lol.
Ilford is a complete s**t hole!!! It's a real dive!!!

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Jesus, another scam never heard of that one before.

Why steal a Boxster though.... ;) does look a tidy one to be fair

It's a chance to steal something.
They took that chance.

It's a shame as it's a nice car.

I'm sure the OP will have insurance that will pay out to cover the cars theft :)

PH2 172
That is some statement.... you sure? ;)

There are all sorts of devices out there to get the car unlocked etc..

Corsa VXR's had a problem with them a few years back with them being too easy to steal, as did a couple of BMW models.

Think at the end of the day, the guy has come on here as a stab in dark and to cover any bases that he can.

No need to slam him for that.

Yeah,perhaps your right,apparently any nerd with a lap top can bypass/erase VXR security system.Probably lots of others as well,but VXR was near the top of the shopping list.Apparently various scams such as scratching the paintwork and volunteering to have it fixed by bogus mobile paint repairman give people previous access to cars.And of course,most cars can be hauled onto the back of a flatbed and driven away.

PH2 172
How does any of that relate to this car though?

No mention of repairmen, and its not a VXR.

Wild assumptions here.

Your right nothing at all to do with this Boxter.
OK,its probably my fault that this thread has drifted off topic,and become 101 scams to steal your car.Perhaps I should start a new thread.
The paint repair man is a true story off of the VXR forum,not a wild assumption.