ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Insurance Claim? Pics Inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, now before I start, I am not a scammer or a b**ch but I just want some people's opinions on this before I do anything.
I was driving earlier on today on an A-road at 70mph when I noticed the car infront of me had it's hubcab wobbling quite severely. Having been in an accident recently I just thought i'd put the car registration in my phone just in case the hubcap of the car did come off and it didn't stop or whatever. So anyway about a minute after doing this, off it came, smacked into my front bumper then went under my car and disintegrated into bits. It hit the front of my car quite hard so I undertook the car infront, and slowed down and essentially made the other car stop as well. Upon getting out I explained that the driver's hub cap had came off and hit the front of my vehicle and I wanted to check the damage with the other driver present so on the hard shoulder I had a look and noticed (what in the pictures doesn't look that bad) a noticeable scratch or 2 on the bumper and a couple of little chunks out of my splitter (highlighted in red). It had also pulled the splitter very very slightly away from the bumper (again hard to see in the pic). The other driver apologised and I got the details but said I would try and T-cut it out in the morning, although it doesn't look like it will buff out or anything. She said that if it doesn't to ring her and we can go through the insurance so I'm just wondering if I should get the front bumper resprayed and a new splitter at her cost? Also from looking at the picture whether the insurance company would deem this necessary due to the damage? To some of you it may look like nothing, but I care about the car and the scratch and little chunk out of the splitter bugs me a bit knowing it's there. Thoughts?

red.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
No danger I'd be going through insurance, for what is essentially a scratch.

Jap Box
Seriously, a claim for that? Even a claim thats not your fault will mess about with your premium.

Just buff it out and mybe use atouch up stick, front bumper is gonig to get stone chips everywhere anyway so its hardly worth a claim on.

So you used your phone whilst driving then undertook now you're complaining about a scratch are you serious?

I don't take my eyes off the road when quickly tapping a reg into my phone, its an acquired skill. The car infront was a fiesta and the road wasn't busy so I just moved into the other lane to get infront of it as I wasn't happy about having a hub cap smack my clio. What would you of done?

clio 172 ph2
lads,lads,lads.....

leave it there already! last year a lad i knew got hit by one of them chrome spinner wheel trims, and boy it wernt a pritty sight. wrote his st24 right off. trouble is... the wheel trim was still attached to an xr2 lol.:rasp:

Seriously, a claim for that? Even a claim thats not your fault will mess about with your premium.

Just buff it out and mybe use atouch up stick, front bumper is gonig to get stone chips everywhere anyway so its hardly worth a claim on.

Did think about the affect on the premium, could just be a better idea to ask her for £50 to sort it out.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd be pissed off, but i think it's a case of tough titties.

Lol @ 50 srsly, I'd prob go with £75.

What would you do if a car flicked a stone up at your car and scratched it?

Status
Not open for further replies.