ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible leaking break line

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
Cleaning my wheels and arches yesterday and noticed that there was a build up of sludge round a caliper and bottom of suspenison leg (drivers side). Had a look around and noticed it was coming from the break line as it meets the caliper. Kind of answered another question, I had noticed the car was pulling to the left under heavy braking.

Is this a faulty seal? Or a worn part? Would it be ideal to replace all the lines?... Braided :)

Lionel Richie
if you had a leaking brake line you be crashing into things, you sure its not just the CV boot?

pictures?

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
Hmmm ok. I should have got pics yesterday before i cleaned it. I did have the cv joint replaced at the beginning of august and that all looked fine, i have had the boot go before and the grease mess was in a different area. I'll go get some pics

How much are braided lines?

Golf GTD Mk7
about 40quid. Brake lines are high pressure, so if it was you wouldn't be stopping. There are more likely leaks around that area. Shocks/cv boot