ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Potential Money Maker?

172cup turbo & rx8
It seem like there is a big market for the renault brembo4 pot conversion onto a 172/182 judging by the amount of posts on here anyway

Im curious as to why any of the guru's (fred, 519 ect) on here have not decidedto offer a kit or even just the required brackets given that the disks areeasily available, i know "noos" used to do them but it looks like he's packed it in, also the brackets cant be to hard to manufacture for a half decent machinist

or am i missing somthing :S

AK

M240i
Big difference between people saying on here they want something and people actually coming up with the cash.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
You'll be looking at a grand all in, and I'm pretty sure you can get aftermarket packages for less than that. Not really a market for it, getting brackets like that machined aren't cheap per unit either.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Other problem is once you've done the hard work its easy for someone to just get hold of a set and copy them and undercut you meaning you dont get money for all your effort.

Plus they arent exactly the best option anyway from what Ive seen, like for example the 406 brembo 4 pot ones go more or less straight on IIRC, im sure thats what Mike Woodford used on his, was very little messing about.

Lionel Richie
simply not needed, plus now the cars can be had for what £2-3K not many are going to spend £700 on brakes

Clio 182 FF
TBH whether it's needed or not, the next time mine needs disc/pads on the front I'll be tempted by a set of 4pots. I know there's other kits available (and I've used Wilwoods on another car), but because I'm a brand ***** if I were to get 4pots I'd be wanting Brembos :rasp:.

172cup turbo & rx8
plus im sure i read that most of the 4pot kits (willwood included) use a pad with a smaller surface area

im surprised none of the traders are interested even if we got a group buy together to cover manufacture costs?

Peugeot 106 GTI
plus im sure i read that most of the 4pot kits (willwood included) use a pad with a smaller surface area

im surprised none of the traders are interested even if we got a group buy together to cover manufacture costs?

If you find somewhere willing, give me a shout. Got Brembo's on my 106 and love them so nothing other than Brembo's will do for my clio.