ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Cap

Does any1 know of the best place to buy a cheap power cap. Cos im skint but i need i cos my system is killing my lights.

And where is the best place to earth it on a phase 1?

Cheers

Dave

if your lights are dipping for more than a fraction of a second - it not really worth it. You need a new battery - preferably a deep cycle battery - eg a yellow top. Or to go on the cheap a battery from a big deasil(sp!!) like a discovery sill be cheaper. Bearing in mind

mix a new battery with an old is like mixxing new and old milk - soon it will all be old.

HTH

Rorrie

Oh yer - caps - probably ebay, earth point - where ever you earth your amps - you dont want more than one earth point

i got a good one from caraudiodirect.com but there is other ones out there, depending on your amp...

upto 500w - .5 farad should be enough, about £50
upto 1000w - 1 Farad minimum - £100
over 1000w - 1.5 - 2 farad £150 upwards...

note that these are watts in RMS, not 1000w max or peak...

digital voltage displays on them are personal preference, cheaper without them, better looking with them,...

and ground ( as above ) with your amp, or youll end up with ground loops etc...

Im running 400 rms so should be ok with half farad, cheers ill have a look around thats a bit cheaper than iv seen so far.

cheers

dave

you can never half enough capacity, because it tells you .5 farad is enough doesnt mean it wont work with 1, 1.5, 2 farad caps etc...

if you can afford it, get a 1 farad cap

for that amount of power for the amp it should in all but the deepest bass, however, the bigger the better !!