ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering leak- likely culprit? pic included...

172DD Cup
hi, i have a p/s leak but can't see where it's coming from, even with someone in the car using full lock. i pulled the plug off the sensor and it was full of fluid, but could be spraying from anywhere, just not anywhere obvious. any suggestions?
Photo0293.jpg

If you mean the pressure sensor on high pressure line then it's probably that. I've just had to replace mine because fluid was coming out of it when held on full lock - there was loads of fluid all over the place but was all coming from the pressure switch.

172DD Cup
update: well, it's not the sensor. i cleaned everything up and the leak is still there. coverage isn't as bad but i still can't see where it's coming from. i'll remove the engine shield/cover tomorrow and see if i can get a better look. if not i'm guessing it's bumper off to remove the power steering pump?