ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Steering Pump

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I need a new power steering pump, i spoke to Renault Parts Direct and unfortunately the part is no longer available.

Anyone know where I can get one from? I don't really fancy some Chinese crap from eBay and Euro's is a bit vague. Only other option would be to get one rebuilt.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
i've found that a few companies on eBay sell refurbished ones. Looking into it myself as I may be needing one too 😧

Yer I have seen a couple, but not sure if they are trust worthy etc. Anyone used a refurb company before?

Try euro car parts or gsf
Usually big discount codes available

Yer I looked on Euro's and doesn't give much info. Brand of part is after market and its £200+ would only spend that sort of money on a genuine new one really. GSF didn't list anything on the website, think i might have to trust one of these eBay refurb ones...

dan's cast offs.
pass on euro? never bought one.

i tend to say go epas instead, less to go wrong/leak/burst and spill fluid everywhere!!

dan's cast offs.
nah, if you want to keep the original rack you just loop the hydraulic side of it. standard clio column, motor and ecu plus controller off ebay to adjust it. hardest part of the job is getting the epas motor in place while you slide the column in.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
£265 on gsf using my number plate, I'd echo what @bloke has said and go EPAS, there'll always be arguments for and against but having driven with both I much prefer EPAS over hydraulic

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
£265 on gsf using my number plate, I'd echo what @bloke has said and go EPAS, there'll always be arguments for and against but having driven with both I much prefer EPAS over hydraulic

That's strange when i put my plate in nothing :( maybe because its a 55. Did it happen to say a manufacturer of the part? I think I will look into the EPAS conversion for the future, but for now just stick with the current setup.