ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
power tool mate has 10% off code

PTM10
I'm tempted by the plunge saw and guide rails, they don't do a naked kit but you can build it for £680, so just over £600...

1703717257086.png

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't bother with their rails. I just got the evolution rails instead for £70 and it works spot on.

An unbelievably decent saw. My colleagues were blown away with it when I showed them it recently
Didn't realise you can mix rails and saws.

I've used my uncle's festool before and was super impressed by it, wouldn't use it loads but it would come in handy now and again. I have a few doors to fit too.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't realise you can mix rails and saws.

I've used my uncle's festool before and was super impressed by it, wouldn't use it loads but it would come in handy now and again. I have a few doors to fit too.
Yeah man, was a nice surprise when I saw the price of the Evo ones!

One thing to note is the UK doesn't get the anti tilt feature, never once has it bothered me though. It's up there with one of my favourite tools. It's hard to explain but it just feels properly well built and a step up from their already high quality stuff.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I'd treat myself to the new milwaukee plunge saw to force me into making more stuff as I love it.

Comes in the xl packout box which is ridiculous but feels right at home in it and too much packout is never enough

First impressions are wow, quality is absolutely mint. Lots of really functional parts that feel absolutely solid.

Got some evolution rails because they were £78 compared to the £240 milwaukee charge

View attachment 1631125View attachment 1631126View attachment 1631127View attachment 1631128
Here's the original post

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah man, was a nice surprise when I saw the price of the Evo ones!

One thing to note is the UK doesn't get the anti tilt feature, never once has it bothered me though. It's up there with one of my favourite tools. It's hard to explain but it just feels properly well built and a step up from their already high quality stuff.
These ones I presume - https://powertoolworld.co.uk/evolut...sqrPNuDGdKkUoq_sxu0Kdh0qXL3CV8q8aAkQKEALw_wcB

Anti tilt is just that I presume, stops the unit lifting off the rail during a cut? So just apply a bit of pressure squarely during the cut and should be fine.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
That's them and you are correct. I've never actually felt it trying to lift off so I think it's a bit of a no feature anyway!
Sorry mate, I'm being an absolute pain today haha. What blades would you recommend/are you using?

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Speaking of seesii tools, I got this, my normal 3/8” is always in the camper van and it does my head in having to use a 1/2” with a step down so I got some Amazon vouchers and it was on offer, think I paid £50 for it. Feels pretty nice, quality wise, has variable speed depending on how hard you press the the go button and two batteries. I’ve got an aux belt kit to fit to the camper and a whole host of parts for the Clio on the way so I’ll get plenty of opportunity to test it out!

IMG_5053.jpeg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Still been doing research on something I won’t use a lot lol.

The Dewalt 891 battery and charger is like £250.
The seesii is £150.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
£199 with £50 voucher and I have £30 credit for something I bought, was ment to get the cash for and didn’t.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
and what does a knuckle bar and using your arms cost you??

If you're only doing stuff like wheel nuts, do you really need an impact gun for that?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Bit late to the party but deffo get a 300 as above covers hub nuts as well then.

Used a Halfords one for years and always calibrated fine.