ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex handling pack?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
It's 100% worthwhile refreshing the bushes/suspension. I am in the middle of doing it all myself. I can't comment on the complete pack, but generally they are pretty decent. What kind of driving do you do? Whats the car used for?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's 100% worthwhile refreshing the bushes/suspension. I am in the middle of doing it all myself. I can't comment on the complete pack, but generally they are pretty decent. What kind of driving do you do? Whats the car used for?
Thanks @Rojer - it's my daily, but its fair to say that I drive it fairly enthusiastically. As speed is pretty much pointless these days with cameras, traffic, and so on - I'm much more focused on keeping the handling in good form. And being over twelve years old now, there are going to be parts that aren't as supple on the car as they once were!

I already had plans for TREs, ball-joints and steering rack bushes to be replaced at the next service - along with an upgrade in pads and discs at the front. Makes sense to tag on other bushes at the same time, I reckon.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Do you care about vibrations and noise etc etc or do you want some form of comfort? It all comes down to personal preferences some people can handle a race car as a daily lol.

I can attest that going fully polybushed on a car does make it 'different' to OE/pattern bushes!

I quite like it, it's quite 'granular' through the wheel and the seat, but it does drive me occasionally insane - get a long stretch of those old concrete dual carriageways that were laid in 'squares' and have joints across every 20 feet, and ZOMG make it stop, pleeeease lol. The ridges are too small for the shocks to really absorb, so without any rubber in the bushes, each joint 'pings' loudly through the car twice (one for each axle)!