ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflow exhausts any good?

ITB'd MK1
boxes are paper thin. the "stainless" tubing rusts, and there's very few franchises that do a good assembly job. Even the ones with good workmanship (there are some) still use the same low quality materials

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Right so I should stear clear then basically? I have a mk4 astra gsi turbo btw if that makes any difference. Would you suggest any decent manafacturers that dont cost the earth?

I've got one, been on for about 4-5 years, they're ok for what they are (cheap). Doesn't sound really loud, boomy or chavvy. My tubing isnt rusting that i know of but now you've mentioned it im gonna check!

RB 182
There's one on my 172, was on it when I bought it.

Meant to be "stealth" by design - It isn't

Meant to be stainless - It's rusting

Meant to be made to fit my car - Since lowering the car, it sits on the rear beam

Meant to be welded - It looks like pigeon s**t

Meant to be a replacement - They've removed the big exhaust mount and cable tied it through the chassis to hold it up.

I s**t you not, they are terrible, and mine is coming off and going in the bin as soon as I can!!

LY R26 230 F1 Team
As you may have guessed, steer clear!

I chucked money at one on my 1.2 wish i hadn't about 6 moths after...

now i got a proper system and wouldnt buy anything else!

Suzuki Jimny
I had a custom made cat-back made up for mine. The quality of the welding is outstanding and it looks like it grew there ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Removed a mate's Powerflow from his Megane Coupe with the help of someone else last weekend. It looked like it had been put together (sealed) using a sealant rather than exhaust paste.

Took us ages to get it off and was a bodge, it does depend on the franchise as to the workmanship, but if the materials that they have to purchase (as part of the franchise) is s**t, then no matter how good a fabricator you are, it will still be s**t...hence why Charlie in Prospeed went his own way!

Evo 8 MR
I had a custom decat made for my old clio and it looked fantastic, did it's job perfect.

I saw their backboxes and tips lying about whilst I was there, they even tried to flog me one, can honestly say they don't look the best at all.

For little things I would recommend them but for a full system there are better options.

Trophy Turbo :)
ive seen the workmanship from the Newcaslt branch its very bad IMO, cant weld and they dont fit, i found a local company cated AAS they are very good and use proper steel not s**t crap that rusts

williams and trophy
lol..if you go to powerflow.....use the burnley branch.

all the quicker clios use their exhausts......chris/nics cup, mine, several other mk1s, and a few mk gays.......

all depends on the outlet making them tbh....the 1 on my williams has been on there for 7+ years now. no they arent the best quality...but compared to some other companies efforts they give the results and are pretty much hassle free fitment.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Turbo LY R27
Ive had 2. One on old 1.4 16v and now on my R27. Never had a problem with them ever. One near me is spot on!