ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powertec IK

Trophy #387
Booked mine into Edge Performance in Aldershot to get a Powertec kit fitted into my 1.2... Not looking for any gains and even read up on here that I could get power loss from it (?).. Basically wanting it to sound better because at the moment it's just horrendous.. Does anyone have one of these and what's it like?

Cheers, Jonny

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Did u not try and fit it yourself 1st? prob save you some money when you realise how easy it is :)

Trophy #387
It's like 4 screws apparently, but for £15 he's fitting it, changing my splitter to the Skoda one and taking a look at the sheared bolt on an alloy of mine, so it's not too bad.

EDIT: and they're supplying the part

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye 4 maybe 6 bolts and a jubilee clip :)
Suppose he's chargin 30 quid an hours then lol tbh that's a good price for a few little niggly things but if you do it yourself you would be surprised how simple them things are plus you have the satisfaction of sayin I fitted that bit and it looks/sounds pretty awesome (gives a nice warm feeling inside lol) that's just IMO though :) and usually a sheered bolt needs drilling so he's gonna charge you extra for that I would say.

Trophy #387
Yehh man, I just nipped down last week and said I want a induction kit to make my car sound less awful... he said the powertec one is the best one for that and because I have a rectangle air box at the moment he'll have to get it made by powertec and then sent to them.

Also, i've tried changing the splitter but the clips are horrible and my car is quite low at the front so I can barely get my big head underneath to have a look... I could always jack it up, but that doesn't get round the disgusting clips... Won't get as much satisfaction out of it but it's probably just about worth the money in my opinion!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yehh man, I just nipped down last week and said I want a induction kit to make my car sound less awful... he said the powertec one is the best one for that and because I have a rectangle air box at the moment he'll have to get it made by powertec and then sent to them.

Also, i've tried changing the splitter but the clips are horrible and my car is quite low at the front so I can barely get my big head underneath to have a look... I could always jack it up, but that doesn't get round the disgusting clips... Won't get as much satisfaction out of it but it's probably just about worth the money in my opinion!

I doubt he's havin one made tbh but other 1.2 owners will know about this thing, maybe makin a bracket to hold it??

And did u cut the clip off the splitter with a knife?

Also don't need to jack up just park up a large with the other side on the road and u will have good room under the middle of the bumper :)
But it's ok I'm just tryin to help people save a bit of money in the current climate :)

I had a powertec induction kit on my 1.2
18072009002.jpg

Made a nice noise. No noticable power difference mate.