ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Preparing side badges?

185lb/ft dCi
hi, ive tried searching but no luck! Im going to be painting my dci side badges very soon and I'm not sure if I need to sand the letters down as they are shiny silver? the rest of the badge is smooth like the RS. Should I just primer straight over the whole badge?

any help appreciated! :)

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
rub the lot down with 320 the chrome comes of the letters easily, light coat of primer, wet flat with 1200, re-coat with primer if needed and wetflat again, wipe clean, bulid up light coats of colour, and finish of with a few light coats of laquer and if possible quite wet one to finish, use a light cutting compound (scratch x, t-cut) or u can lightly wet flat it with 1500 and polish up for the sheeeeeen:)

185lb/ft dCi
shiny silver lol chrome thats what i meant, mental block there! thanks for the info though mate really appreciate it!

I'll get to work on them

EDIT:

Cat I've already got the paint and I fancy having a go, already painted a cup spoiler before.