ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pretty Quick Clio Sport Speedo...

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Just found this whilst looking on YouTube...is it me or does this CS seem pretty darn quick?? He wastes a good second or so in 1st by not changing earlier, seems to pull very well to 100mph (160km/h)

Pretty inaccurate but timed it as around 14.7 seconds to 160km/h. Definitely quicker than standard for sho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVKAv9Jp17s

I have a video on my phone of me accelerating (slightly uphill) from a standstill. I'm not the best driver, but I've timed the video with a stopwatch and come up with 60 @ 6.67 secs and 100 @ 16.68 secs. Car is standard. That about right?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I'd say close enough mate, maybe around 7 secs if your uphill and 17 secs for 100mph. You're actually moving before the speedo registers which counts for a few micro seconds.

Ali- Lol, I was thinking that. Takes it to 8k hell of a lot.

Golf R soon...
Could I hear something spooling at the end there, or is it just me!

That is one rapido sport whatever it has had done!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
He gets wheel spin in 2nd doing 60 km/h!!! I went out tonight and tried the same accel test...mine feels good but never a chance of making the rev counter jump like that unless I'm on ice! lol.

Clio 172 MK II
That is mine Clio :)

The last time I measure it from 0-100 km/h I was getting 6,4 sec :) (I measured it with G-tech)

The car has few modifications, BMC CDA air filter, de-cat pipe, SOLE Centre exhaust, supersprint rear exhaust, dastek unichip, intake manifold done, rev limiter is at 8050 RPM and also I did same weight saving on it(rear bench is out, and few more things)

Last edited:
  Clio 172 MK II
Pretty inaccurate but timed it as around 14.7 seconds to 160km/h. Definitely quicker than standard for sho.

Car time to 160 km/h (100 mp/h) is 14,5, measured on drag strip

I hope that I will do better time in one month as it is in workshop now(respraying and few more mods)

Clio 172 MK II
^^
but they must, and will be, even better :)

gearbox is the biggest problem curently, now I am looking for some improvements on that, and when I solve that thing I am going on ITB setup

I hope that everything will be done until the end of this year

Clio 172 phase 2
IMHO this is the best phase2 in Croatia. That car is killing others on track, on drag-strip, in everyday usage....wherever you want!

:D

I'm just doing something to speed-up my car and I'll use Rain's car for reference.

Keep up the good work! :hail: