ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Private Plate shall I ??

Clio 182
I'm thinking of asking my family + girlfriend to club 2gether and by me a private plate for Xmas. I've found this for £399 - C17 ORS. What do people think ? or this C17 OPN (PN being my initails) only £250. Or shall I ask for socks again ? What do you guys think?

as Dink says, there are badges on the car to tell people what it is....

get something that's not car related. :)

oh, and think creatively!

99 Renault 1.2
I've seen M1 5LUT on the road! It is definately more memorable than most plates i've seen !!! I'd agree with the creative thinking idea, even if not as extreme as this example :)

Clio 182
I struggle finding a plate for my name. Paul nicholson. Pretty boring name. Can't shorten Paul. and cant have nic as I cant have I's. Any suggestions anyone ?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
You could have N1 C** or N10 *** The second using subtle placement of screw covers etc to make it look like NIC!!!

Clio 182
Good Idea with the plate screw. Theres loads of N10 C**. Just tried it Only £250. Gonna have a good look through them all

Chocolate Bar™
ill be getting one off me mum and gf, and im getting one that means something to me, but still looks pretty normal (cheap!) but the main aim is for it to be a present i can actually have for a while. normally i get something like a head unit, and then get rid of it a few months down the line lol.

wont tell you what im after as someone will probably buy it before me :p

artic blue 182
i saw one when i got my dynamique dd53 dmd...dd are my initials 53 (birthday 5th march)dmd are my full initials...left it too late and someone else brought it i was gutted

buy it before you loose out mate

I have a plate which is for the car altho it is a good plate (and everyone can see what it says etc..)
£399 is good for a plate which is personal to the car - any more, I think it has to be personal to me.
I wouldn't spend a few grand on a plate which was personal to a car - but if it was perfect for me, I would think about it.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'd go with N10KS* mate, and definitely get it personal to yourself, not the car.

Mine's C2EBO, for Crebo.

Oh, anyone know how to get the Clio original plates off? It seems like they're riveted on... well, that or it's a very funny shaped screw with a small circle in the middle and three little 'prongs' coming off it.

yep deffo get one thats personal to you & not the car, I have my initials (cat) I got CAT171* - but its on retention. I also have another one too (i'm going to sell it)

Always wanted M1NGE but could never get hold of it lol!!

Anyway.... The wife (bless her) bought me R17SSL as my names Russel, Bargain £250 from DVLA!

private plates are the future!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I fancy Y11 NOD (Donny backwards) but the NOD part is putting me off!!!

I still think the best reg I've heard of is C110 CUP but its a little bit car specific!!! ;)

Lou

I just ordered my private reg today.
H18 YLG

My initials are LG and the H18Y = my fave footy team Hibs :)

Dave_W said:
Although car ones can be quite cool

I had C5RSA on my Corsa (yes I owned a corsa!!!)

i have seen quite few well modded corsa's with corsa plates on them. I also think I remember that reg too - was it on a proper modded corsa ? was it in like max power etc years ago ?

Clio Sport 172
Im quite lucky, my number plate is NL02 XHU, which sort of has LOU in it! (I like looking at it like that!)
Otherwise its alot of money for a personalised one for me. I think I would get one to match the car if i had the spare dosh.

BMW M3
My number plate is T10 JCB.

T10 doesnt mean anything, but was the cheapest out of all the JCB's (think the price might have been a mistake as they phoned me up a month later wanting double to buy it back lol)

My full name is Justin Christopher Banks so thought it was quite good. Plus my dads is T1 **B

Also been offered B4 NKS or JU51TNS which are brilliant but out my price league.... maybe one day soon.

Trophy 265/500
I've got a car specific plate on my C2 GT: C2 GTU which was £250 from DVLA, and the new Trophy is getting a plate from my other half. It's hobby specific P9 MOX and was also £250. It'll mean nothing to most people, but anyone who picks up on the meaning will get a good chuckle.

Please don't ask me to explain it, as I've not yet come up with a simple spiel to reel off when people inevitably ask what it means...

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I saw L111 CKU (LICK U) on a jap van type thing...thought it was bloody brilliant!!!

clio 182 black /gold
I had this on my corsa coming soon to my clio
p1010008.jpg

How chavy is this?
p1010010.jpg

Clio 182
polarbert said:
what is c17ors meant to mean? sorry i cant see what its meant to say

Its Meant to read c17o rs c17o = clio (slightly mod the 7 to make it look like an i) rs = Renaultsport. I looked for c11 0rs but its gone.

Just looking for ideas really !!!