ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pro-antivirus21.com virus/worm thing

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Tells me I am infected and wants me to activate and buy vista Internet protection... Errr WTF? Totally fake but how do I cleanse my laptop of this dirt?

Came out if no where man :(

Got avg running but it didn't even clock it in the first place so I don't know what to do.

Any one heard of this s**t before?

M2 Competition
Avg is awful dude, i kept getting viruses with it, to the point that i had to format my pc, losing all my pictures everything :( it seems to just tell you you have viruses, and do nothing about them.

Try avast, have had that since and seems spot on and inobtrusive, and it has a piratey name.

M2 Competition
Oh and to remove it, type the wording that the virus comes up with when pop-ups come into google. This will find you a geek based US forum, where someone will have a link for the correct spyware remover for it as no doubt someone has asked it before.

Spybot and malware are good though.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
The annoying thing I wasn't even looking at any p**n :(

Got the program cookie suggested running now. The virus wouldn't let me open firefox etc was a right ball ache...

I'm not overly hopeful it will sort it...

May just buy a mac lol

What does this virus do anyway?

Probably doesn't do alot, apart from anoy you.

If its not letting you open up anything you could kill it in task manager first! Then just search the registry and delete it.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I had to sort out a virus on a user's home machine that disabled task manager, safe mode, explorer, the installation of any programs, basically everything that would fix it. Changed the desktop to 'buy x anti-virus now to get rid of this virus'.

Only way to fix it was total re-format.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah this is my thinking... total dogshit.

the malware bytes has found nothing in 1 1/2 hours.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Boot into safemode with network support fixed it for me on a friends PC. Download a good AV package and run a full scan. Worthwhile running malware scanners also.

182 Cup
On my laptop, I had to close the av.exe within TM on the processes tab. But this kept coming back every half a minute, it wouldnt let me open Ad-aware, wouldnt let me download anything or get on the net. Couldnt install the mbam program or rkill. I finally got rid of it after copying and pasting a list of registry keys into a notepad file really quick. But it still wasnt right. Then it blue screened on me, really cant be arsed reinstalling

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
tbh, i would be a bit worried about doing that.

i can't even open itunes. LOL

totally pwned.

the thing is fecked.

Barge
Hmm I guess so, God knows what it's infected. I think we have Avast.

I guess if it's on a memory stick though it's not doing any harm. I'd still be tempted to take anything I deem important off it and the reformat the LapShed.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
the main bulk of it is music. i can always download it again i guess...

i've got the operating system disc tha tgame iwth the pc. guess it is time ofr a format.

will that totally sort it?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i've got the dell drivers and utilities disc and the operating system disc the laptop came with. never opened either of them.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Excellent. Ok go ahead and re-format it and whack the driver disc in once you've done XP.

You do not want to re-format it and find that the only way to get your drivers back is via the net, and obviously you have no network drivers so...

Knightmare.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
suffolk. do i jsut put the disc in and restart it? will it do it automatically?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
suffolk. do i jsut put the disc in and restart it? will it do it automatically?

Put disc in, restart, if it's a Dell I believe you press F12 at the start of the boot and that'll take you to the boot devices. Choose CD-ROM or whatever it's called.

Then press enter. Then press any key to boot from CD.

Then follow instructions. Delete the partition C: and create a new C partition (don't change any sizes) and format it (not quick).

XP will then format, copy the files and begin installing xP

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Ok I formatted both partitions. Didn't give me the choice of full or quick formats.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Did what u said. Disc in went to boot screen and chose from cd rom. Then it came up with install windows. That was the only option.

Then it asked which partition to instal it to. There was an option to format so I did that then chose a partition to install it to.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Should have been an option to delete.

If it said on the previous installations of XP repair you should have skipped that.

Start again Seb.

Similar experience: I had win32 green screen virus thing yesterday... Haven't had a virus in years and it completly took out my pc! :( Locked my antiviruse/turned off the firewall/no access to task manager or the internet/wouldn't install anything on non-safemode.

Fix = Started in safemode, using my laptop I downloaded HijackThis and Combo Fix...

USBed them over to my pc,
went through and deleted a few system 32 files
went into regedit and changed a few bits of code
Erased all old restore points
used CCleaner
Then ran HijackThis went through the list and picked out all the bits I didn't want
Ran Combo Fix: ran a bit of code from the net
restarted into normal mode....

and everything was back to normal.... :)

Research:5-6hours
Messing around:2-3hours
implementation: 2-3hours

(I may have had to repair windows as I deleted a few system32 files I needed:+1 Hour) ;)

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Not sure, never used Vista.

You should definitely be able to delete your entire partition and create a new one. Look carefully at the options. :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
How long should deleting a partition take? The format of say 10gig took like no time at all