ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem when starting the car

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Hi guys,

i dont often visit this section as im quite lucky, but last couple of weeks my car doesnt really want to start first time and as i go to try again it starts. Could anybody shead some light on this, someone yesterday said it was the immobaliser without any hint of doubt but im not ruling it as that yet.

Many thanks Mike

P.S. The cars a 2005 Ph3 dynamique 1.2

If that sorts the problem mate, let me know! Mines been doing the same thing past few weeks too, was told to charge the battery? Going on holiday next week and leaving it at the carpark for a week scared i wont get home!

how would you know if it was the throttle body?? where is it etc? the sames been happening to mine for a while now, cleaned the TDC sensor & it seemed to fix the problem for a while but now its back again after only a couple of weeks - does this just mean I need to replace it with the new blue style TDC?

Clio Sport 172
was having the same prob with my 172 about 3 weeks ago, cleaned the tdc sensor, sorted it for a day and the started playing up again. I replaced the tdc sensor with the new blue type £56 and a new battery from halfords, and it stil wouldnt start,cleaned all the relays and wd40'd them and stil nothing. All of a suddern it fired up, then intermitent again. I noticed the immob was not disarming (red light keeps flashing), so i would try to start it notice it was not disarming and then remove the key and keep trying until it would disarm, could be upto 10 times! Then once when it would not disarm i stil turned the key with the light flashing al the way until it would hesitate for a second or 2 then fire as if it was hesitating disarming..been fine since (touch wood) not one bit of starting prob,

was having the same prob with my 172 about 3 weeks ago, cleaned the tdc sensor, sorted it for a day and the started playing up again. I replaced the tdc sensor with the new blue type £56 and a new battery from halfords, and it stil wouldnt start,cleaned all the relays and wd40'd them and stil nothing. All of a suddern it fired up, then intermitent again. I noticed the immob was not disarming (red light keeps flashing), so i would try to start it notice it was not disarming and then remove the key and keep trying until it would disarm, could be upto 10 times! Then once when it would not disarm i stil turned the key with the light flashing al the way until it would hesitate for a second or 2 then fire as if it was hesitating disarming..been fine since (touch wood) not one bit of starting prob,

Sounds like there's a fault with the key your using, have you got a spare key? if so try using that.

Expert HDI & R53
Sorry to spam but mine doing the same, Wont fire first time one a morning but the fires up the second time..

Its like there is no compression..!?!