ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with keyfob, replaced battery, still a bit strange

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)
I needed a new battery for my keyfob so I bought 10 from eBay on the cheap. I they would last about 5 days then stop working so I just bought a duracell. This worked perfectly for over a week then it started to go wrong too. Some days I will come to the car and it will open in the morning, then when I get to work it won't lock, then a lunchtime it won't work but when I get home it will work 100% again. Last night at home it wouldn't lock but today it worked 100% again.

Really confusing. I don't think it's the battery.

Anyone else had anything like this?

Tried testing the car battery?

Mine did this when I had some intermittent problems but a new car battery solved it.

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)
You know, I did have problems with my battery over winter and had to charge it a couple of times. I figured I'd probably need a new one before this winter but it's been ok for the last few months so I just left it.

Maybe I'll try that. Cheers for the advice. It's the totally random nature of it that is p!ssing me off big time. How can you fix a bug you can't even reproduce all the time. Grrrrr!

I thought someone had one of them keyblockers and was trying to p**s me off.

Buy a battery from Halfords, if it doesn't fix it then just take it back to get your money

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
NEVER go to Halfrauds for a battery, unless you don't mind paying nearly 80% over the odds for one.

Use your local motor factor - far better priced.

Last edited:
  Passat
The key I got with my 172 worked perfectly fine for about 3 weeks. Then for some reason I could unlock the car but the key wouldn't work in the ignition. It would take me 10 minutes just to get the car started. Eventually had to fork out for a new key. £180 but it solved the problem