ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problems starting my 172

Ph2 172
hi there

iv been having an on going problem with my car for a couple of months now where about %25 of the time it doesnt want to start. i recently bought a new key and had it coded in to the car which i thought would do the trick but the immobiliser still seems to be playing up every now and then.

when it doesnt start i have to turn the key to the final click so al that is showing is the 'STOP' sign and the red immobiliser light. when the immobiliser light is on the car wont start so i have to leave it like this for a couple of minutes and then try it again and the light will usually go out so i can then start the car. i dont have a clue what else to try to fix this.

i hope that made sense.

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers
Tom

CLIO 172 CUP....
yeah my 172 cup use to do the same thing untill i cleaned the tdc then it sorted it.....you mite wont to try that,,,

182 FFAT
I have a friend having some troubles on start up (clio 172 also)
basically the car struggles to start (takes about 3 seconds to fire up)
what he does to semi-counter this is:
ignition on
wait till lights off
ignition off an immidiately ingnition on and attempting the start without waiting for the lights to go off again
in this case it starts faster (about 1-2 seconds)
I cleaned the TDC once
what could be the issue here?