ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems with alignment

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Having problems with pulling to left ( 172 non cup) when alignment was checked it was out a bit , so adjusted. Took it up the road a bit better but not 100% so back on ramp when the gauges went on there settings were all over the place again. So they set again went back up road still not right. Any ideas? Worn bushes ?

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
more that the alignment keeps changing rather than just pulling

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Where to start? How old are the steering and suspension parts - what parts have you changed, etc?

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
its done 66k (genuine as far as mot's ect point) its had a set of eibach pro lines and two new front shockers about 10k ago(birchdown fitted) and a ball joint drivers side about 3k ago

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Tyre pressures, tread depth, anything have play when jacking the car up?

Clio 172
Rear axle bushes caused my problem like that had wheel alignment done and was still all over the place done worn rear bushes set up again problem was gone may b different but always best t check

itb182, 621bhp scoob
Steering rack bushes could be shot ie your rack is moving and constantly changing geometry, mine did this and replaced both bushes

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
They couldn't find any play in anything bar strut top mounts( couldn't be done on day) Fitted a pair of wishbones precausionary then re did tracking. Overall a lot better but still feels like it wanders to left not exactly pulling anymore. Could this be strut top mounts?

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
They couldn't find any play in anything bar strut top mounts( couldn't be done on day) Fitted a pair of wishbones precausionary then re did tracking. Overall a lot better but still feels like it wanders to left not exactly pulling anymore. Could this be strut top mounts?

Worth replacing if advised with OEM ones.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
String the car so you can see yourself whats happening to the sus, best way to get it bang on

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member

Remember natural camber of the road will pull it slightly to the left.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
doing it regardless of camber, kinda weird as not exactly pulling just wanders to left