ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Products + Method. Check?

Read a few threads and this is what I've come up with.
Any advice? If this is wrong let me know, and help me fill in the blanks please :)

I haven't bought the products yet so time to change my mind!
(Prices from cleanyourcar, so I can use the CS discount)

1)Clean my wheels and arches

2)RINSE

3)WASH with Megs Gold Shampoo £4.95

4)Detar using turtle wax bug and tar remover (purely because i already have it).

5)Saw mentioned to use ironx now, do I need to?

6)WASH with Megs Gold Shampoo.

7)Clay using Clay Magic perfect finish kit (14.95 100g of clay + kit)

8)DRY

9)AG SRP (9.95) Apply with round foam pads. Apply - Buff (microfibre)- Repeat. Few times. (dont need to use much?)

10) ?

11)AG EGP (8.95)
Apply with folded microfibre cloth?, leave for?___ then buff off with _____ ?

12)Wax with Nattys Paste Wax (white one). (12.95)
Foam pad application, then leave, then buff.
Do one section at a time.

Please comment :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
srp only requires 1 coat as multiple layers will probably remove themselves.

I'd then go straight onto wax personally. Ironx is handy if you have a lot of contamination left from say breakpads etc.

I didn't mean I would layer the SRP, i mean i'd just make a few passes (if thats the right term)......to give it a good going over.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The 40 views will be people who have looked at this thread and thought... this has been covered a billion times.

Anyway

Wash wheels with something like bilberry and arches with a degreaser like g101 or meguiars all purpose cleaner

Next, snow foam the car (if you have the snow foam lance) if not, just rinse the car down with your pressure washer.

Now apply your tar/bug remover, something like autosmart tardis if you can get any. You can do the bug/tar remover before the rinse stage if you prefer.

Onto the washing stage, using the two bucket method. Rinse off, but dont dry as its pointless, you'll be claying it now.

The meguiars quick clay kit is the easiest and available in your local halfrauds. Go round the car claying in sections keeping the surface well lubricated. Try not to drop the clay,if you do DON'T carry on using it. Throw it away and get a clean piece.

After you've clayed the car, rinse it down and wash again using previous method.

Now you can dry the car using a drying towel, a quick detailing spray helps the drying stage if you have any.

Once dry you can start the polishing, using your srp on a foam applicator. I dont think several passes will make much difference by hand, so 1 or 2 passes should be ok.

Once buffed off you can move on to the waxing stage. There are so many waxes available now, it's down to personal preference really.

If your after more protection then this is where you would apply a sealant, if you have EGP then use that. I don't really rate the stuff, but if you're buying something new, something like chemical guys jetseal 109 is a good one, as it's an easy on easy off application.

I think i've covered the basics, see how you get on

Last edited: