ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Binky - mini 4x4 turbo celica engine

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
It was weird hearing them mentioning other vloggers content.

I clocked the Cleetus and 2WISTED bits

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
According to a member of the MGZR forums, the way they went about getting that shell really annoyed a lot of the owners clubs members and he reckons they will struggle to get help to find the parts needed to build it.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
According to a member of the MGZR forums, the way they went about getting that shell really annoyed a lot of the owners clubs members and he reckons they will struggle to get help to find the parts needed to build it.
Thats because everyone in the car scene now are little bitches

I doubt if someone else bought the shell they'd entertain us the way BOM do. They should get over themselves?

Clio
I knew someone who bought a x power when they where new . We thought he was out his f**king mind !

Im sure he had a rover 75 all pimped up with x power wrote down it too

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

My Chairman just bought the original MG Show car. It’s odd, but good at the same time.

7A558C92-3E2D-43F0-B865-1AE15DD26F07.jpeg

I have a feeling if that was in black with decent wheels (maybe 19" BBS LM), it would actually look quite decent.

As it stands it looks like it belongs on barry boys

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Saw one in the excel centre years back, in grey and black they look f**king awesome. Colour above is a f**king horrific choice

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Enjoying the new vid about the conversion of an old library bus into a track car transporter. Some properly heavyweight stuff bolted onto that old shed!

Hopefully we still get to see Binky 100% completed and given a good run sometime this year :ROFLMAO:

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I love how they say it’s nearly done, there is at least another 15 episodes at this rate [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Did they ever finish building the Mini, build seemed to go on for ever.
So I’ve just listened to the interview.

They got gauges from smiths(iirc) but they didn’t make a boost gauge until BOM asked for one.

When it arrived the numbers were a slightly different font, it was LED backlit and all the gauges did different gauge sweeps when you turned the ignition on.

This angered the neatness gods, so they decided to make their own gauges. From scratch.

Richard has got into 3D printing, so they printed the faces etc, and then thought… why don’t we 3D print the circuit boards?

Obviously this isn’t something that anyone sane has done so they’ve come up with this whole technique of printing circuit boards on their own including turning a milling machine into a 3D printer.

So yeah, they’ve been busy, but busy doing the most inane, nitpicky thing you could ever imagine. Standard Binky really.

Also apparently they’ve had a massive issue with the shed so needed to fix that too.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
It's a real shame as they could have become quite big on YouTube if they were a bit quicker and uploaded once a week.

They have quite a few unfinished projects, it's not just Binky but they also started a truck and also had one of those MG xpower sv's.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
So I’ve just listened to the interview.

They got gauges from smiths(iirc) but they didn’t make a boost gauge until BOM asked for one.

When it arrived the numbers were a slightly different font, it was LED backlit and all the gauges did different gauge sweeps when you turned the ignition on.

This angered the neatness gods, so they decided to make their own gauges. From scratch.

Richard has got into 3D printing, so they printed the faces etc, and then thought… why don’t we 3D print the circuit boards?

Obviously this isn’t something that anyone sane has done so they’ve come up with this whole technique of printing circuit boards on their own including turning a milling machine into a 3D printer.

So yeah, they’ve been busy, but busy doing the most inane, nitpicky thing you could ever imagine. Standard Binky really.

Also apparently they’ve had a massive issue with the shed so needed to fix that too.

There are companies that will make custom circuit boards to order and to spec that would have been less money and effort.
In the meantime, they continue to take a monstrous income from patreon and not provided any updates for months (years?)

I know they’re not required to do it, but does stink a little. Feels like they’ve forgotten that people are interested in the car and not them and their “brilliance”/anal retentiveness

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
They're just creaming off the top of Patreon. At some point people will start revolting, hate they're paying money for no reason each month and then they'll be back to square 1

I was really liking forward to the Escargot project, it might be done before I'm dead

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
They know, they fully admit that things escalated too far and they shouldn’t have even bothered in the first place.

So drop it a year ago and get an order in? They could even do a funny skit of it in a video.

Just seems totally bizarre to me the way they seemed to have found the goose that lays the golden egg… then dropped it.

It’s a shame as all the projects they have really do seem interesting, and I will always watch them, but they’re shitting their proverbial pants when it comes to the monetisation of it because I will never pay for the privilege of waiting months/years for the next instalment and as above I won’t be the only one

Reactions: Gus

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
They're just creaming off the top of Patreon. At some point people will start revolting, hate they're paying money for no reason each month and then they'll be back to square 1

I was really liking forward to the Escargot project, it might be done before I'm dead
It does feel a bit like that, but I think when the videos come out we’ll understand a bit better the size of the mess they got themselves in.

Likewise, it was a pretty cool project. They’ve said they’re already committed to it.

@Jaff. I guess it’s because they’ve come so far building it as a complete perfection project, they don’t want to go ‘oh well, that’ll do’