ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project White Rider

320d
Nice, quite a lot of overspray in the arches though, will taht clean off ok?

Yeh i'll sort that, i'll be taking the liners out when the new wheels go on so i'll rub them over with thinners while they're off the car

Can't wait to get it on the road now!

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Can't wait to see this finished. Did you say that it will be finished for FCS??

M

mini-valver

Looks awesome fella. Good finish to the paint aswell, it's hard with white. I had my Nova resprayed and had the roof done twice because of orange peel!

320d
how much did the spraying set you back mate?

Just shy of four figures

I'm paying cash though thats why it was reasonable plus between me and my mate we give them alot of work. I did all the stripping and i'll be doing the rebuilding work which saves on several hours labour cost plus i'd prefer to do it myself.

The bodyshop arranged for the glass to be cut out and rebonded as it was easier to do it that way even though i'll be paying a slight percentage on cost for the privilege

Clio_Smart
When does the rebuild start Rich ?

Will you be calling on Middo for his services on the side badges etc as he will add those final touches.

Cant wait for the final product :D

320d
Going to arrange a recovery truck to bring the car home on wednesday (provisionally) then i'll build it up in my garage/driveway

The end cap badges are staying silver for the authentic look along with the renault diamonds on the boot and bonnet

Only the dash board inserts have been colour coded white

320d
cant believe it was that cheap to do your car. id love to do mine.

You can get it done alot cheaper than that but with most things you get what you pay for

If the respray was crap the car would be devalued, my old valver was painted and painted very well to a point that it probably enhanced the car rather than being detrimental. It certainly didn't hinder the eventual sale of the car which is the main worry for most people.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Thats a good price mate! i paid £1600 cash to have my impreza sprayed at a local bodyshop, but they stripped it and everything, there a BMW repair centre and made an amazing job!

That is going to look the knackers!! Im majorly impressed! theres a lot of hard work in stripping and rebuilding etc, and time consuming as you said! its going to be a beauty!

Leon Cupra R 225
quality effort rich, can't wait to see this when finished, check your thread everyday at the mo haha

320d
It'll look exactly as the picture does in the first page of the thread with black spoiler, handles, and bumpstrips.

I might colour code the handles white at a later date but i'll decide when I get it all built up

320d
Yeh i know but i just feel the black will help break up the white

I can always tweek the finished article once its done