ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Winstonising a Renault 5 GT Turbo

PICT4031.jpg

Its not even that loud.... sounds cool, even in 1.4 campus mode lol

PICT4033.jpg

Ive always wanted one of these GT Tuning bumper vents.. so owning a 5 its just rude not to get one lol. Im going to do it in black with black mesh :)

Getting there now... Roll on the new turbos and other goodies

Well I took the dead turbo off today... The main shaft had playin in all directions and the exhaust housing is rather cracked, so clear to see why it was no longer making any boost lol

PICT4070.jpg

PICT4072.jpg

A bit of blue for Jord

PICT4074.jpg

Ive give the engine bay clean and its all ready for its new turbo and exhaust which fingers crossed will be here for weekend

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=140229697624&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

Some pics from the raider it was removed from

Photo-0051.jpg

Last edited:
  wait and see ;)
have you bought the front exit aswell if so imagine the noise lol... looking good winston keep us updated mate

Junior LMAO!!!.... The youth of today lol

The vent goes in the bumper infront of the standard intercooler.... but more for looks I think, Ive put it on ebay now, I have enuff holes in my front bumper lol

Skoda Fabia vRS
m8, my old Clio GTT is STILL at Hills Salvage in Skelm, that will have a few bits on it for you, Magnecor leads, polished lobster back elbow etc

GazTwo works there :)

Cheers folks

Will have to get his number of northy... he might stash them for me, till im flush enuff to buy

Any other goodies i wonder :p :p

PS... hurry the.... up, Turbo lol

Well still no sign of the new turbo and exhaust... fingers crossed for tomorrow

Took the sidey off this evening and its gone to a new home

Ive took some pics of the cleaning if been doing... so much room in the engine bay compared to valvers and Williams.. it's not come up to bad for an old shabby bay lol

PICT4087.jpg

PICT4091.jpg

^
it depends on what you get tbh Dave, most have had the living sh*t thrashed out of them, but there are a few good ones still about.
The one that Zonda now owns on here (the complete minter one) Was owned by a good mate of mine, that car was nice & solid & good base to start from, it hadn't hard a hard life as my mate did look after it (but he used it every day) Having said that, i've seen some proper awful ones.

Its broke down on me twice now lol.... but the turbo was the engines weak point so fingers crossed.....

If they are built, maintained and have the fueling matched to the boost......

Its getting on abit too.... most 5's are well ragged and bleed valved up to 22psi of boost lol

53 Clio's & counting
loving it bud! you gotta fit the gt tuning oval though thats proper old school! i remember seeing a blue 5 with the gtt oval in the bumper round our local 'circuit' tearing everything up bk in the mid 90's ah the old days lol